Are rising Gas Prices affecting anyone from further modifying your supra?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
improved;1037929 said:
this is the point where I stopped reading. America does not, I repeat not, just make money.Matt-

Then maybe you should have kept reading, because America does just make money, I repeat, does just make money. Have you ever wondered why a quarter isn't silver anymore, or dollars aren't backed by silver or gold? That is so they can just print more money without having to back it up with anything.

improved;1037929 said:
It is a far more complicated process...

I believe I mentioned that:

suprabad;1037843 said:
The complete answer would take many pages, but I'll try to explain the basics

improved1037929 said:
...intracacies that go beyond my explanation.

And/or understanding. No offense, but you are buying into the b.s. that the Government and the Fed are selling, and with only a vague understanding of it (which is exactly the way they want it).

and finally....

improved;1037929 said:
...backed by gold and silver, this type of backing greatly limits growth.

Allan Greenspan argued that:

"under the gold standard, a free banking system stands as the protector of an economy's stability and balanced growth... The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit... In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

While your arguement is interesting, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Greenspan. He's good too.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
my supra went from DD to one day driver, $60 a week in gas is a little to much, so i drive this little 92 isuzu PU tuned lean yes it's carbarated, so $20 a week in this thing so i can save the extra 40 for mods :-0

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
Most mods we do if tuned correctly should not affect the mileage all that much under just normal driving conditions.

Unless you are running crazy cams or lower compression it should stay generally the same or get better.

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
suprabad;1038040 said:
Then maybe you should have kept reading, because America does just make money, I repeat, does just make money. Have you ever wondered why a quarter isn't silver anymore, or dollars aren't backed by silver or gold? That is so they can just print more money without having to back it up with anything.

I believe I mentioned that:

And/or understanding. No offense, but you are buying into the b.s. that the Government and the Fed are selling, and with only a vague understanding of it (which is exactly the way they want it).

and finally....

Allan Greenspan argued that:

"under the gold standard, a free banking system stands as the protector of an economy's stability and balanced growth... The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit... In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

While your arguement is interesting, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Greenspan. He's good too.

You are missing Greenspans point. Oppose to having this discussion here, I can only hope that people take from this conversation interest. Individual investigation is where the answer can be found. Be sure to read scholarly journals or peer reviewed articles opposed to Wikipedia or other heavily biased resources.

Matt-

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
it's gone offtopic with "backing of usd". Just keep the topic with oil things :)
The worst part of rising oil is that it inflicts higher inflation, which build's up a closed circuit and rises all the prices.
As for moding parts, well if you dont know such companies like Greddy and many others are rising their prices to compensate the loss which they suffer during logistics for the products plus weak usd (which makes the gas prices rise).

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
not mee!! im still modding but just the little stuff like exhaust / intercooler, and gas for me its more!!! 138per litre cnd!!! it cost me $20 to get to my mechs, but thats not stopping me from modding.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Fuel prices have definately slowed me up, my wife and kids and mortgage are always on the rise as well. I used to enjoy going cruiseing years ago when the fuel was only 60-70 cents a litre, now its $1.60 i dont cruise at all........On top of that our government in all there wisdom have just introduced a new tax on all premixed alcoholic drinks to curb binge drinking so that leaves me even more out of pocket (one six pack of bourban and coke is now $18.00 for cheap stuff and $22.00 for just jim beam)..Pretty soon therell be a tax on masturbating so ill only be able to afford that once a month.Where the hell do they expect for us to get all this money from.? Are we supposed to just hitchhike and pay the wealthy with sexual favours?