apexi neo

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
ok so i have a ? about my neo. I have it hook up and running works good but in my manual it says ''sensor type select'' it says ''hot wire'' ''pressure'' or map ''flap'' ''karman'' witch its wired into so can you wire in the hot wire wireing with a gm hot wire maf . im new 2 this so sorry if sound retarded

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Your question is funny but the answer is no you would need to buy maf-t ..... its a little box that sells for 200-300 bucks that will translate the signal from the GM MAF to a karman signal that our ecu can understand.

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
bountykilla0118 said:
Your question is funny but the answer is no you would need to buy maf-t ..... its a little box that sells for 200-300 bucks that will translate the signal from the GM MAF to a karman signal that our ecu can understand.
ok thanks that's what I wanted to know. I have my neo hooked up and running fine the right way. I just wanted to know because it didn't say anything in the owners or wiring manuel about that. If I get a MAF-T the regular one it won't interfer with the neo?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
With an maf-t, you will still set the neo to karmen.
The maf-t converts hot wire to karmen.
The neo goes between the maf-t and the tccs.
The tccs is looking for karmen signal.

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
isnms said:
With an maf-t, you will still set the neo to karmen.
The maf-t converts hot wire to karmen.
The neo goes between the maf-t and the tccs.
The tccs is looking for karmen signal.
cool thanks so i guess i need to get a maf-t.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
DAMN good question just get a lex afm and keep it simple...... then search about the lex afm and read all in the info. Then make an educated decision about running the stock 440's or upgrade to 550's injectors

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
bountykilla0118 said:
DAMN good question just get a lex afm and keep it simple...... then search about the lex afm and read all in the info. Then make an educated decision about running the stock 440's or upgrade to 550's injectors
true u have a point i could go with a lex afm but u cant put a lex afm on presure side of the ic pipes i just wanted 2 get rid of the mess in front of the turbo and the vented bov prolbem . And if i spent the money on gettng a lex afm $150 or so . the maf-t is only $190 or so and i have the gm maf so not sure witch way i should go.