APEX-i N1 Dual Exhaust

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Supossedly they offer the flow of a 3" with the low end torque of a smaller exhaust. But if you consider that the inlet of the mufflers is 2 1/4" thats 3" to the cat/testpipe then 4 1/2" of area for exhaust to flow all the way to the bumper. I love how they look and sound on a 240, i think it would be pretty cool on a Mk3. Buy a couple of Apexi N1 na mufflers ($200 a piece) and weld up a system.

What would be even better which someone already suggested, true duals from twin turbos= awesomeness.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I am making mine so I have a little more clearance at the bottom of the car. (this is for dual exiting out of one side)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
well....with apex-i's garage sale coming up, i just might buy it and do this. if IJ said there was improvement over the standard 3", it's good enough for me to give it a try...also, for the people doubting it will do anything, i took this off of the apex-i website...
APEX-i said:
CONCEPT:
Retain the same peak HP of the single N-1 while improving mid range torque

CHARACTERISTICS:
Mid to high-end power

i'm not saying it will do the same for the supra, but it's definately something to look forward to.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I dont think that people understand how a turbo car works... the less back pressure you can create, the better, if i could i would run a pipe straight off the turbo to the wheel well right behind the front passenger side tire... but thats not practical, so the smoother, bigger exahust is better, im not saying get a 6'' exhaust, but dual 2.5'' or even dual 3'' is a good improvement.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Rennat;933763 said:
You also seem them with a 2' exhaust... haha
makes me wanna turn my supra into a drag car...

It's unbelievable how much TQ I picked up from going from a straight 3" exhaust all the way to the bumper to just open downpipe.

I drive my car once a week so noise doesn't bother me. :)