Anybody Good With Computers?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I can't watch a DVD now on my computer. If I watch the DVD in Window Media Player, I have video, but no audio. But my programs are only doing this with DVD's. All the rest of my video's are playing with no issues. I just bought a new movie, but I can't watch it. :1zhelp:

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I take it that when you say all of your other videos are playing that means video that you have downloaded. Not video played on the DVD player? And when you say you don't have audio, does this mean at the head phone outlet or sound card?
If so have you checked your audio settings. The DVD drive audio could be mutted or turned down.
Do you have audio directly out of the DVD drive head phone outlet?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
bluemax said:
I take it that when you say all of your other videos are playing that means video that you have downloaded. Not video played on the DVD player? And when you say you don't have audio, does this mean at the head phone outlet or sound card?
If so have you checked your audio settings. The DVD drive audio could be mutted or turned down.
Do you have audio directly out of the DVD drive head phone outlet?

I dont think he is that stupid. Cryo has nailed it on the head. Codecs.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'm not saying he's dumb.
But if you're using MS Windows Media Player that was included with your Windows operating system, probably XP or at least a later operating system, which sounds like he is, then you shouldn't have a problem playing standard DVDs in our region. Unless of course there is a problem being caused by the copy protection on the DVD.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I think I did. The problem was that it was trying to use CCCP to decode/encode/play all video files, and it was simply too much overhead so I couldn't view anything in real time. I'm going to switch to my Mac for all my video editing eventually though anyway.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've had some odd problems like this with audio shit. I use a sound card and my computer decides to turn its audio out off while the dvd program wants to use it, small shit like that is hard to catch. Go through your audio settings in Control panel and go through EVERY option and then look at the TOOLS in WMP. just be sure it all matches. Thats fixed all my bugs.