Anybody else buy the new SOAD Cd?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I won't buy another SOAD album. "Steal This Album" was talentless and a waste of $12, plus the anti-american sentiment really put a bad taste in my mouth. The two previous albums were alright, but I love my country too much to listen to a band whose lyrics will make teenagers hate this great country more than they already do.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
haha I hate people like that who hate somthing or like somthing cause of a song.. hell half the time I can know every word and stull not get the meaning of the song and thats jsut cause I listn cause I like it not cause what its about and what people say its good for.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
ShagsSupra said:
haha I hate people like that who hate somthing or like somthing cause of a song.. hell half the time I can know every word and stull not get the meaning of the song and thats jsut cause I listn cause I like it not cause what its about and what people say its good for.

I agree. See, this can be a conflict in the mind, because the way I see Tool/A Perfect Circle [Maynard Keenan's lyrics] is that many of their lyrics would be very offensive to religious people; however, their music without the lyrics are absolutely amazing. This could be true of SOAD, but "Steal This Album" didn't even have that going for it. It was about 10 steps down from Toxicity.

L

lanky189

if you don't like System of a Downs anti-american sentiment how do you feel about Rage against the Machine's anti-establishment tone?

L

lanky189

Poatree said:
Being from Canada I can listen to any mainstream music and be happy in the knowledge my nation is never going to get bashed (or mentioned) in any song.

LMAO... THATS HILARIOUS

that is so SIG quote material...

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I've been thinking of picking up the new SOAD, but don't know if I actually will.

Rage was awesome, I wish they hadn't broken up :(

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
lanky189 said:
if you don't like System of a Downs anti-american sentiment how do you feel about Rage against the Machine's anti-establishment tone?
I never really thought about that. I wasn't very patriotic until I joined the military, but I listened to Rage as a teenager. I still like some of Rage's music, but it isnt AS good to me. I guess maybe I just like the sound more than the lyrics these days. Still, like I said, "Steal This Album" had lyrics that I didn't quite agree with, and if the sound was good I may have still enjoyed the album. The sound just wasn't there, and it wasn't SOAD quality. The new album might be good, but I probably won't know unless a buddy of mine plays it for me.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Loki said:
I've been thinking of picking up the new SOAD, but don't know if I actually will.

Rage was awesome, I wish they hadn't broken up :(

Yeah, but look at what came of the leftovers: Audioslave. They are pretty darn good, too.

L

lanky189

I think Chris Cornell and The Rage boys exhibit Synergy at its finest...the sum of the parts is definetly greater than the collection of the parts

Audioslave is by far the best rock band to form in recent years..and luck willing will continue to be the powerful musical force they are for many years.

Rage wasn't wannabe rap. Rage made thier own sound.. pioneering the way for bands like Limp Bizkit, and other bands of that nature to make mainstream sucess... without RATM or Beastie Boys..none of the Bizkit type bands would be popular or maybe even around....

Rage had alot of range too.. listen to the Cover Song album "RAGE" and you'll see

I'll probably pick up SOAD's old cd's before this one as the new sound just hasn't grown on me yet...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
System rules man
and so does rage
and the beastie boys.
"you gotta fight for your right to parrrrttttaaaayyy"
yea. hey did my music thread die?
lanky u should sticky the movie and music threads.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
you dont like it cus it disses the country?
i take it you dont listen to anti-flag and bad religion either. heh.