any un-needed parts under there?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thats what the forsale section and want to buy section is for. A lot of people have parts cars that there practically giving away parts. Junkyards are just about the same prices for what guys on here are doing also. Buying all new egr parts is a waste.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
and ive noticed something strange on my 7m that maybe someone can shine some light on, i was following an online diagram i got off one of the forums and putting the new coolant hoses on, and when i got to the heater hoses it says that the driver side heater core hose is supposed to connect under the intake, but i cant find anything on that side of the motor for it to connect to, and the heater core still has the factory hose connected and it looks like its supposed to hook up by the intake. but i found a coolant line coming off the motor by the exhaust side thats not on the diagram, so i put a longer hose on and connected the core to it. im not loosing water anywhere. this isnt important but its got me curious if its like that because its "supposed" to be a jdm 7m

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You might have a jdm metal pipe that has the usdm port capped off that wraps around the block. Usually they just have block off caps. Its under the head on the intake side you have to look for it.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ok thanks, that makes alittle more sense. but can i just hook the d side hose up to the head and the p side hose to the exhaust side to get the hose off the top of the motor? i would see if its a pipe and can be removed, but apparently everything is supposed to be there for a reason and im tired of being smarted off to for yanking parts off.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
tx87supra;1648174 said:
why does this car have water lines running to the throttle body? does anyone know why? or am i gonna have to take them off and let you guys know what happens?

I've read that it helps the EFI system maintain fuel atomization when OA temps are cool and during cold starts. Van

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
well i finally got the car back together and no start, crap. im about to start browsing other threads for the possible reason. and no i havent pulled any "un-needed" parts off yet, the car is together the way its supposed to be. it will start with starting fluid so im thinkin no gas, but its getting gas to rail, wondering if the injectors arent spraying.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
tx87supra;1651412 said:
well i finally got the car back together and no start, crap. im about to start browsing other threads for the possible reason. and no i havent pulled any "un-needed" parts off yet, the car is together the way its supposed to be. it will start with starting fluid so im thinkin no gas, but its getting gas to rail, wondering if the injectors arent spraying.

Have you checked the distributor for base timing? Try this, the online TSRM: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=IG&P=3
I've found it a life saver, (for the 7M), when I felt like killing the build. Van

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
no i ran out of daylight before i could get into finding the problem, wont have another dayoff to mess with it till wensday. the timing was gonna be the second thing i checked since i had to replace the distributor, but i had #1 at TDC when i put it in. but it doesnt take much to mess things up. but i was thinking injectors first because the ones on the motor now didnt fit the wiring harness, the new injectors had the clips on them but the old clips were cut off the harness so i kinda had to follow the wiring diagram to wire them into the harness. thinking i might have got them wired backwards. the old ones were kinda greenish and the ones now are yellow. thinking about switching them out and seeing if it will start. luckly the dumbass left the old injectors with the clips in the car

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
also found something else kind of strange on the motor, when installing the new egr it has 2 lines that run to the TB. well theres no where for them to go on my TB. i just capped them off for now till i can figure out what to do with them. any ideas on wtf that means?

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ok the timing is on and still no start. i havent changed the injectors yet cause thats gonna take awhile. but i did notice a few things though, maybe someone can help, 1st is that the in the fuse box under the hood the MAIN relay gots warm/hot. could this be something to look into or that normal? 2nd i found a wire connection not hooked up and i cant see where it might go, any help good or bad would be appreciated.1222101544c_373428.jpegjpeg_reencoded_256185.jpe.jpeg

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ok i was just browsing ebay and i found out that green injectors are 89-92 and the yellow are 86-88. does this mean my 87 had a newer 7m swapped in? and if so will the 86-88 injectors work with the 89-92 setup?

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I believe that connector pictured is for the auto transmission.

While your there, make sure the grounds on the bottom of the intake manifold are actually grounded. If they are not then the engine will not run.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ok that makes sense why i cant find a hook up for it but mines a 5spd. and i put the main ground from the battery on the top of the intake, would that keep it from starting? its a ground so why would it matter where it was put as long as its on the motor?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Any codes? What does the check engine light do when the key is off and when its on?

I think that is for the abs sensor or auto.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
the bulb is blown on the engine light so i guess it looks i gotta fix that now, ill get back to you when its fixed. just one more thing to replace, this little project is turning into hell

diego

Jul 30, 2010
brussels
hvyman;1650802 said:
Ya i wouldnt pay more 40$ max shipped for the egr parts. Dunno where your getting 400?

&m is good when maintanied and not ruined by idiots. 7mge is slow. It can seem fast but when you get in a gte its slow.

hahaha that hurts man ! 7m-ge is fast to me =) im coming from a 993cc toyota starlet and a 2.0 diesel rav4. So to me everytime i hear that engine rev it makes me smile. Once i have acquired the knowledge, ill probably run a 7m-gte or a 2jz! but untill then my 7m-ge feels quick =)