Any of you guys ever done a "Gumball" style rally?

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
tissimo said:
lol.. my buddys and I have always talked about setting up our own little rally.. fun around a few places in fl.. would be fun

I remember like a year ago someone was trying to set one up in Fl.. the black tie rally or something.. i was thinking about entering with a buddy, but then I took my car apart.. haha

few times back in the day we've done a few rallys back from orlando at like 3-4 in the monring.. was fun..

Let's do it man, I just need to get a few things worked on my car and I'm ready to go. I'm serious we should set something up.

Also, I'm not wanting to do The Gumball Rally, but the AKA rally, it's way cheaper and any cars can run. Hell, a MKII Supra did it last year and made it the whole way with no problems AFAIK, he mentioned nothing on the AKA forum. The way I see it is, I love to travel, I love to drive, and I love my car. So yeah I could take the $1500 entry (Remember it will be split between myself and a co-driver) +the money for gas, and the money spent preparing for the run, and on the run and buy more parts for the car. But, that would mean I would have to spend more time working on the car, time working on the car isn't time really enjoying the car.

I'm getting to the point where I'm really wondering if I want to keep this car because I work on it so much, but that's part of it, I will work on anything I own, I always have. But I want to enjoy all of my labor and money that's been put into it, and lately with the Supra I haven't been, but I'm going to stick it out, and am dead set on doing something like this.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
The main thing you want to address is cooling, I'd go all high temp hoses, dual row radiator, intercooler sprayers, radiator panel, anything to keep the temps down, even some water wetter may help.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
That's what I was thinking as well. I've got a fluidyne radiator already, trans cooler, oil cooler, will be getting a PS cooler soon since I've finally gotten a working PS system I want to keep it working. I'm going to have the new ex. mani and DP I'm getting Jet Hot coated, and then wrapped.

Probably be a good idea to finally get an engine undertray, and have some sort of radiator scoop adapted into that. Looking into heat sheathing for important hoses and wiring.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
3k to get in but god knows how much in tickets, those runs attract lot of attention from state police etc, you'd be lucky to escape with your money and your license. As much as I'd love to see a gaggle of MK3's and MK4's on the next mischief vid I dont wanna see you guys in jail. LOL

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Wills7MGTE said:
3k to get in but god knows how much in tickets, those runs attract lot of attention from state police etc, you'd be lucky to escape with your money and your license. As much as I'd love to see a gaggle of MK3's and MK4's on the next mischief vid I dont wanna see you guys in jail. LOL

^ yeah, screw the mkII's... :nono:

But seriously, it would be awesome. Anyone want to take my 82?