Any octane booster users here?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
IJ. said:
It must have been pulling timing like a bitch on pump fuel then.......

1J ecu may be setup for a higher octane rating than we would normally use here due to availability of higher octane at the pump in japan?

just speculation. ideas?

Twigger

Ahhh Yeah!!
Mar 30, 2005
OlyWA
So from what I read toluene not only raises octane but is more dense than gasoline and there for it has more energy per volume than gas.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
whenever i see someone in a convienent store with bottles of octane boost and fuel injector cleaner I want to cry. That crap does absolutly nothing for your car.

solution for hi-octane that runs at least $5.00 gallon if you have $2000 to blow:

get a big intercooler, spray kit and a FFI (7m) and run 93. Higher octane gas is just alot harder to burn and that means less power. Big IC and spray kit with a FFI = 25psi on 93

In the long run it will pay for itself if you drive the car alot on high boost..not to mention it will make more power.

DyslexicSquirrel

Busy Member
Mar 9, 2006
San Marcos, TX
I remember about a year ago i was that guy :cry: I used to get my tank down to a gallon or two and pop in a bout 5 of those STP octane boosters and go down to the track... it helped it a little bit... but i think it was much more of a placebo effect than anything else.