another "max boost I can run" thread :)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
92turbo4life said:
AGREED^
dont just try to run more boost so u can be fast for a month or 2.. dont take ur exhaust off so u can peg ur boost gauge... i did this and i blew a headgaskett. eh no biggy i did a buildup and did it and i blew a motor.. now i am going to do it right take my time etc... 7m need patients i dont have it but i need to find it.. this motor can and will put u threw hell but that is what makes us owners not drivers!

And you need to learn how to break in your engine. ;)

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
OH DONT even lol. I shimmed my wastegate a little bit before I got any type of boost controller. It was like 3 more psi than where it was. Besides, in all technicality, my "first" mod was a Turbo Timer...so eat it.
I never got a boost controller until about 3.5 months ago...and that was that crappy manual one that I made!! I've had the Poopra for about a year now.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol

I'll admit it, my first mod is a manuel boost controller (a la E-Bay) along with my super tits turbo elbow MDCizzle hooked me up with.

Gonna max boost all over you face jeff!

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
What are the minimum mods that should be done after/when installing a 60-1 CT upgrade? Just fuel pump and injector upgrades? Can someone explain why that's critical? Thanks.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
tropical 87t said:
What are the minimum mods that should be done after/when installing a 60-1 CT upgrade? Just fuel pump and injector upgrades? Can someone explain why that's critical? Thanks.

You should do all of the supporting mods. Fuel, Intake, Exhaust, MHG :), etc... At that point you might also want to think about an aftermarket intercooler. It is important to upgrade the fuel system, because if you don't have enough fuel being pumped into the cylinders to match the boost you are running, then you will detonate and effectively blow the motor...It's possible to get by on the stock fuel system, like Boost Lee is, but it's risky...and it's better to be safe than sorry, right??

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Boost Lee/Jspec is a brave man. you wouldnt catch me dead on stock fuel even with a stock turbo. that pump is almost 20yrs old!

failure is almost certain at increased boost levels.

-shaeff

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
johnathan1 said:
You should do all of the supporting mods. Fuel, Intake, Exhaust, MHG :), etc... At that point you might also want to think about an aftermarket intercooler. It is important to upgrade the fuel system, because if you don't have enough fuel being pumped into the cylinders to match the boost you are running, then you will detonate and effectively blow the motor...It's possible to get by on the stock fuel system, like Boost Lee is, but it's risky...and it's better to be safe than sorry, right??

I have the Titan 2mm MHG and 3" exhaust already, so I guess the fuel pump/injectors are next. Thanks for the tips that will save me damage $$$.