another car won't start thread

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
hvyman;1729363 said:
And you have it? Good consistent spark?

Cps in like this?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?38775-How-To-basic-timing-instructions-CPS-alignment

What order from left to right are the spark plugs on the coil packs? and on the plugs front to backj?
Cps installed and verified about 8 times. Installed it at true TDC. Firing order is 163425 cylinder 1 is closest to the radiator. As for the power of my spark, I don't know. i was told spark is spark

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Compression sounds halfway decent enough to start. I would think about the CPS being off. Or maybe the firing order. Here is a picture of the wiring order on the pack. They are not in firing order because it is waste spark.

Coil%20pack%20identified.JPG

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Nick M;1729467 said:
The coil pack order isn't the firing order. Just an FYI

Okay now I am completely lost. Please elaborate. I like to think I'm not stupid but somehow I'm just not getting this. I appreciate the patience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
ryostyle;1729471 said:
Okay now I am completely lost. Please elaborate. I like to think I'm not stupid but somehow I'm just not getting this. I appreciate the patience.

The ignition is a waste spark system. That means it fires both sides of the coil. 1 and 6 are companion cylinders. That means they are going up and down at the same time. One is on compression, the other is on exhaust. That is a companion cylinder. So 1-6, 3-4 and 2-5 are all companions. The wires are installed to accomidate.

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
As long as you put the #1 wire from Nick M.'s picture to the closest spark plug in the valley and so on you should be good as long as the coil's harnesses are all hooked up

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
From left to right on the coilpack I was using 1,6,3,4,2,5 1 being the closest cylinder to the radiator. That has been how I've had the wires hooked up from day one. What is confusing me and I'm still not grasping is the Coilpack order isn't the firing order..... but I think as long as the firing order is 1,6,3,4,2,5 I shouldn't worry about the rest.....

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Are the dowel pins on the cam gears both located in the middle hole on both the cam and gear?

To help clarify, 163425 is the order in which the spark plug wires go from the coils to the plug itself. That does not mean thats the order in which the plugs are actually firing.
I cannot recall right now what the exact firing order it so im not just gonna throw some numbers out.

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
kotu100;1729502 said:
Are the dowel pins on the cam gears both located in the middle hole on both the cam and gear?

To help clarify, 163425 is the order in which the spark plug wires go from the coils to the plug itself. That does not mean thats the order in which the plugs are actually firing.
I cannot recall right now what the exact firing order it so im not just gonna throw some numbers out.

Okay, so I did that right. I'll just put that theory to bed. Thanks. Yes the cam gears are installed correctly. I think I'm just going to replace my ignitor. Maybe I'm not getting adequate spark.