another 1jz wiring question. Sorry guys.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
alright so I've search all over and I can't really figure out what is wrong with my car. I am a high school student and I swapped a 1jz into my 87 NA supra(almost completely on my own) when I went to start it up however, no spark. I traced the problem down to the small black wire going to the ignitor chip was not connected to anything. so I got out all of the wiring information I had trying to find the problem. nothing was quite clear so I thought maybe I just got it mixed up with another similar black wire. so I connected the wire to to B3 pin #4 labled L1 and tried to start it again. it starts up now but dies quickly. it wont idle unless I push the gas vary gently and when I push the gas quickly the engine dies again.

sorry that was a bit long winded but what I'm wondering is could my problem be that the black wire goes somewhere else and a result of that is the spark plugs are just firing randomly? where is this wire supposed to be connected? also my friend thought it could be cuz I don't have the turbos attached to the intake so the engine is just running NA. I am going to fix that tomorrow though. could that be the whole problem?

thank you guys so much in advance I really appreciate the help. if I'm to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing and its a miracle I've gotten this far on my own.

oh also the ECU flash error 31. I'm having a hard time figuring out what that code is for or if its really relevent. thanks again.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
Haha no! I feel pretty stupid for even asking now because I just checked and realized I don't have a map sensor. I thought the idle valve was the map sensor and never bothered to check that until now. sorry for such a stupid question but thanks so much for your quick answer. although I would still like to confirm if the wire to the ignitor is correct. does anybody know?

supr88

turbo addict
May 15, 2007
calgary or vancouver
been there, my 1jz didnt come with a map sensor and it took a few months to come from toyota.. so that whole time all I could do is idle my car, it would idle fine but the second you try and rev it, it stalls.