an email I received. Probably a repost, but......

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Those Born 1930-1979

READ TO THE BOTTOM FOR QUOTE OF THE MONTH BY JAY LENO. IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE---VERY WELL STATED

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930s, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes es, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with n o car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because,
WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-car ts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable (only 3 or 4 channels), no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computer! s, no Internet or chat rooms........
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of tree s, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good. While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:
"With hurricanes, tornados,

fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

I loved being a kid, but I have two daughters now, and my wife refuses to cut the cord. She's an overprotected mother hen, but I'm glad one of us is, because I"d buy them a gokart and tell them to go play in the road if it wasn't for her.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Jeff Lange said:
I'm going to be honest, I was born in 1986 and did (I think) everything on that list. It was great.

(PS: I still drink water out of the hose)

same here.

hose water beats poland spring any day.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I was born in 88 I did everything on that list except for blue cheese dressing and smoke while I was pregnate,

Now that I think about it I cant even imagine whats its gonna be like when I have kids.

Knock on wood.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
JustAnotherVictim said:
86??? Damn children. :biglaugh:
I didn't have a Nintendo, we had an Atari.
Ooh, I remember having an Atari! We also had an Intellivision before that, but I doubt as many people have heard of it. And a SEGA Master System (before the SEGA Genesis came out).

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didnt' have any of the games mentioned, but my best friend Atari, and I whipped his ass at PacMan and Asteroids..............:biglaugh:

Mr. Fighter, I love my girls, but I want them to make mistakes and learn from them. My wife on the other hand won't let them go outside without a coat on when it's cold, and I'll tell her let them make up their own mind. If they go outside and it's too cold, they'll come back in and get a jacket, or freeze, it's their choice. She does alot of decision making for them, and I would rather let them make up their own mind and face the consequences of their actions. They're only 11 and 7, but you've got to start making wise decisions sometime in life. Maybe I should be more like a mother hen, but I don't have it in me. If they fall, I tell them to get up. My brother-n-law will catch his kids before they hit the ground.........who's wrong? I don't know, but I just don't want my kids growing up depending on everyone around them, because they will soon be disappointed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
JustAnotherVictim said:
I'll take your wife off your hands for awhile... :sarcasm:
You wouldn't have a chance. She's more into middle aged fat men, and you're.....well, you're not middle aged or fat............:biglaugh:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero said:
I didnt' have any of the games mentioned, but my best friend Atari, and I whipped his ass at PacMan and Asteroids..............:biglaugh:

Mr. Fighter, I love my girls, but I want them to make mistakes and learn from them. My wife on the other hand won't let them go outside without a coat on when it's cold, and I'll tell her let them make up their own mind. If they go outside and it's too cold, they'll come back in and get a jacket, or freeze, it's their choice. She does alot of decision making for them, and I would rather let them make up their own mind and face the consequences of their actions. They're only 11 and 7, but you've got to start making wise decisions sometime in life. Maybe I should be more like a mother hen, but I don't have it in me. If they fall, I tell them to get up. My brother-n-law will catch his kids before they hit the ground.........who's wrong? I don't know, but I just don't want my kids growing up depending on everyone around them, because they will soon be disappointed.

Does anybody remember ColecoVision?? That's what I had. I still have the games out in the garage. Console is long gone.

Jay, you got a pm:icon_bigg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yep, but parents where parents, and if your kids got in trouble with the law they wheren't charged with a felony...

society has gone mad...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ric, I'm not really fat. I'm dead sexy................:naughty:

Ken, you have pm.

Any of you people ever get the nerve to challenge me in some Asteroids ..........

BRING IT ON!!!!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
suprahero said:
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

Hmmm.... The ones who invented the cause of the problems then...?

It's all the fault of the old people then.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
suprahero said:
Any of you people ever get the nerve to challenge me in some Asteroids ..........

BRING IT ON!!!!

Jay - I hate to tell ya, but I'd have to kick your arse and add your name to the long list of those I've defeated...actually those I annihilated ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:biglaugh: ..........you sound a little more confident than I feel so I'm going to have to bow down to your asteroid greatness.............:bowdown:

Plus, I'm alot older now, and I'm sure my fingers have lost a little bit of the dexterity they used to posess. It sucks getting old..............I'm still younger than IJ though...........:evil2: