AHHH!!! Still Overflowin' Coolent!!

headlightwashers

Squirter
Feb 5, 2006
Schenectady NY
www.myspace.com
ok, new head gasket, new radiator, new thermostat, new temp gauge, i burped the system twice and after i burp it, its good for the night... its when i start it in the morning after i drive to work it overflows the coolent... electric fans are working... i dont have a fan shroud, but i dont think thats the problem... it basicily has spratic temp changes... it will be 160 for awhile then spike at 190, then go back to 160 and then 190... i just dont want to warp the head again... i shaved it so now im running a higher compression in my JDM 7MGTE... but i cant shave it again, so i need to fix this problem... HELP!

N

NDBoost

do this, swap the hoses around on the overflow bottle cap. so the cap is reversed of what it is now.

This is what happened to mine after doing my MHG, i got the cap on backwards and the dump tube was lower then the bottom of the overflow tank, causing the tank to create a syphon and it would just continously dump all the coolant out until the car got hot.

I know it seems like its not likely but it could be the problem, try it and let us know :)

headlightwashers

Squirter
Feb 5, 2006
Schenectady NY
www.myspace.com
what if i cut the hose? it dosnt look like the same hose that was on there... and i think it goes below the tank... but weel see, i noticed that the overflow cap has a little hole under one side where the hoses are... ill switch them to see...

N

NDBoost

headlightwashers said:
Well the switching of hoses worked... but now the car runs at 210 degrees... is that normal operation temp?
bump someone help with this, to make sure this is normal