aftermarket 7m turbo manifold?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
ok i need to replace the gasket for my manifold, its got a good sized leak. one of the studs striped out and its blown the gakset, SOOOO. i figured while i have the turbo off agian i could also get an aftermarket manifold... BUT i was wondering, do they make nice aftermarket manifolds WITH OUT the external waste gate port. like i was looking on ebay and all they make are ones for external wastgates. any ideas?

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
you could always make a block off plate for the external gate.

It would give you room to upgrade later on down the road. Just remove the plate and slap a external gate on.

just an idea

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
2543arvin said:
Because the manifold isnt the restriction, its the CT26.

^He speaks the truth. :)

Nate - Don't waste your money there. You need to spend money elsewhere.
The stock exhaust manifold flows very well...especially for your horsepower range. If you want it to look pretty, go have it ceramic coated or...chrome...spray paint, something cool like that. :biglaugh:

Seriously though, Most of the manifolds you'll find on ebay, sure you can block off the external wastegate port...but now you're faced with the issue of whether or not the turbo would sit at an angle...meaning you'd need to chop up and reweld or get a new downpipe entirely to fit the angle.
Just some food or thought.

-Jeff