Advice wanted on a daily driver

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
swaq said:

yeah i love subarus hehe its my next dd. im afraid with a celica i'd be too temped to go gt-four (it would be sweet) and the sc300 i just dont like the design from the doors back and the interior is cramped all around.. i'd take a gs300 over it as a dd (easier to swap as a gte as well hehe)

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
hm.. so ur looking a swapped car as a reliable daily driver... unless u did the swap, i woudnt trust it. especially with a honda emblem on it.

by a geo, an older 4dr accord or integra. something stock. not ricey. dont make ur daily driver a project too.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
hm.. so ur looking a swapped car as a reliable daily driver... unless u did the swap, i woudnt trust it. especially with a honda emblem on it.

by a geo, an older 4dr accord or integra. something stock. not ricey. dont make ur daily driver a project too.

thats why i say stick to SOHC if yo uwant a civic :) great platform

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
the vr6 mk3 gti (90 something-99) is a pretty decent car. My friend had both a black 4 cylinder and a green vr6, he never really had any trouble with either. The 4 cylinder was piss slow but the vr6 was about as fast or faster than a stock NA mk3. And it got mid 20s on gas too. Not not to mention vr6 motors sound awesome with aftermarket exhausts.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yep doward, after i repaint and rebuild my 7m mk3 im gonna swap the SC300 over to a 2JZGTE and mod it for a weekend fun car and mk3 as daily driver and also a fun car lol 6000 for the SC i wanna buy and 7k for swap with single turbo

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
It sucks when your daily driver starts sucking money outa your 'fun' car. I bought a cherokee with daily driver in mind for it. Of course not long after Im already splurging on upgrades for it taking money out of the supra!

If you want a Real daily driver leave it stock. Just think how much fun the supra will be after you spent a week in a stock civic. If your looking to impress strangers that pull up at a stop light in your daily driver... well you might as well make the supra your DD.

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
Why not get a Madza MX-6? they go for cheap, parts for them are cheap and they are pretty quick cars if u get the v6. if you want to save gas and still have a reliable car get the 4-cyl mx-6 auto. u'll be getting 30+ MPG and me and my friend raced a Honda b18 DOHC Hatchback and he whooped it lol.