accordian hose

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
It would let un-metered air into the motor and also I think the PPS would not function, but I am not 100% positive here. :dunno:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Joel W. said:
It would let un-metered air into the motor and also I think the PPS would not function, but I am not 100% positive here. :dunno:

Correct on both accounts.

If you don't want it hooked up, at least cap the line on the accordian hose.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Joel W. said:
It goes to the "vacuum switch" on the power steering for the progressive power steering control.

not quite. that line goes to the power steering idle up valve, all mkiii's have it, those equipped with pps and those without.

the idle up valve raises rpms when the load increases from the pump while at idle.

it has nothing to do with progressive power steering.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Thanks for the clarification!.. I looked in the TSRM but could not find it in detail how it worked.. :) My bad!!

To answer his other question, I think all these are needed plus some not shown imo.. :)

Attachments

• vacuumlines.JPG
    vacuumlines.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 63

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
lagged said:
it has nothing to do with progressive power steering.

I stand corrected. I had to dig into the TSRM for this because I "thought" the PPS took signal from that sensor as well. It doesn't.

Lagged is 100% correct.

Here's how it works:

SR_39.gif

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Yup. I repped him good for it too..;)

Jetjock: That is good to know for the upcoming "Help, I can't find a power steering leak and my car smokes" thread...LMAO

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
when you're idling in a parkinglot and turn the wheel, the engine RPM might dip down a bit. i have mine disconnected and capped.

in fact, i think i have 3 vaccuum lines on my car total. boost gauge, BOV, and AFPR.

-shaeff

mkiii88supra

Jan 15, 2006
PA
so can you just cap any vaccuum line? because i put my car back together and everything and now its not running good and needs a new AFM electronics and a tune i believe but i was thinking of just doing my turbo upgrade now and there are all those lines that go into the accordian hose that i wouldnt use and i figured if i do a few i might as well do them all.

Last edited:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
shaeff said:
when you're idling in a parkinglot and turn the wheel, the engine RPM might dip down a bit. i have mine disconnected and capped.

in fact, i think i have 3 vaccuum lines on my car total. boost gauge, BOV, and AFPR.

-shaeff

Werd.

I have 4. Boost, bov, afpr, and heater pot.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
shaeff said:

-shaeff

Indeed, mine has found is way off in my old motor and while idling and turning the wheel the rpms would fluctuate.Its found its way off on the new motor same thing occoured, but i did put it back on idles as smooth as butter, so i like to check to make sure its on every few weeks

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i have a JDM motor, no EGR on it stock. i have not heater vsv, no charcoal cannister (but will eventually be getting a small one and hiding it). pretty much everything else is removed.

-shaeff

N

NDBoost

if you do not cap that idle up valve you will get a major boost leak and it will cause your car to run like ass. Ask me how i know..