Accordian hose connections

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have a question about the accordian hose connections. I know where they all hook up right now, but once the accordian hose is taken out of the system, where do all of the hoses that would normally be routed into the hose go to?

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
91Supra313;1533643 said:
what if there is no pipe at all just the open turbo.

like connecting the MAF strait to the turbo or were you thinking of just saying screw it and not bother with the MAF and just put a filter on the turbo?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
They need to be back into the same area before the turbo, If keeping them. You could get rid of the IAC hose and just put a little air filter on it if you wanted and vent the BOV to the atmosphere. But the PCV system needs to be routed back to the intake unless you also want to just use little filter for them too. But I wouldn't recommend it, since the blow by will get you entire engine bay covered with a thin layer of oil film and is a PITA to keep clean.

Also if your using the progressive power steering system you need a vacuum hose also from the intake for it.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
don't vent the BOV into the atmosphere though, because you would be letting air that has already been counted by the MAF escape your piping.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
92nsx;1533654 said:
They need to be back into the same area before the turbo, If keeping them. You could get rid of the IAC hose and just put a little air filter on it if you wanted and vent the BOV to the atmosphere. But the PCV system needs to be routed back to the intake unless you also want to just use little filter for them too. But I wouldn't recommend it, since the blow by will get you entire engine bay covered with a thin layer of oil film and is a PITA to keep clean.

Also if your using the progressive power steering system you need a vacuum hose also from the intake for it.
I must be because there is a small hose under the accordion hose that runs down to the PS. I am a moron when it comes to this stuff. If anyone has all of this done and doesn't mind spending a few minutes with a camera, please snap a photo or two to fill me on please.

kelson;1533655 said:
don't vent the BOV into the atmosphere though, because you would be letting air that has already been counted by the MAF escape your piping.

I already have alot more air pass by the MAF since I have a LEX AFM. It doesn't read it all anyways. Thanks for the info though. I have always vented to atmosphere.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ I don't under stand what your asking?
You looking for a pic on how the hoses hook up to the accordion hose?
Or on how just one hose hose up to it with the small vacuum hose on the bottom is hooked up? All I have is this pic of my old set up with the BOV port blocked , Im still running a hose for the IAC and PCV system along with the PS vac hose :dunno:

p1533696_1.jpg

Pretty simple, there is 3 holes in the accordion hose and the other hoses hook up to it. Also look in the TSRM for complete OEM set up.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I was referring to a pic of someone's setup that has the hose removed and all the filters and rerouted stuff. I know how the stock hoses go. I have the BPV hose blocked off too.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
If you switch to a MAF system, you need to decide if you are going to put it pre or post turbo. While it can be put post turbo, tuning it has always been ... interesting ... when mounted there. Whatever you decide, the lines that used to be in the accordion pipe need to be plumbed in after the sensor... which can be interesting as well, as I don't think the ISV appreciates pressurized air.

If you switch to MAP, you don't have this problem... a pressure sensor connected to the intake manifold directly, and a temp sensor in the intake tract post intercooler, and you're set, at least for air measuring. Put a filter on the ISV, put another one on the line to the power steering, and install a vacuum pump and a catch can for the PCV.

PS: The line to the power steering has nothing to do with the proportional power steering. It's used to bleed more air into the intake, thereby increasing the idle, when you are turning the wheels and the car is stopped... so for instance, when you are parking. This way, your car doesn't try to stall when you need to steer at idle.