a 240sx with a 7mgte?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Boy, I bet that completely screwed up that cars front/rear weight ratio. They destroyed that cars best quality, to have a bad ass engine. COOL!

L

lanky189

dirgle said:
Boy, I bet that completely screwed up that cars front/rear weight ratio. They destroyed that cars best quality, to have a bad ass engine. COOL!

btw..this isn't all that original
pre-hack there was a discussion about this... it was decided that the weight difference wouldnt be all that bad... interesting creature there...not sure i care for it tho..

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
a damn s14 sr20det would put out same hp and have like a few hundred pounds less. asside for doing this for shits and giggles i dont see why?

at the same time though i have to give some kudos to the craftsmanship done, its realy realy clean and looks like he did a complete no corners cut job putting this in. it'd be a neat thing to drive thats for sure. 289ft/lbs of tourque in a car that weighs 2700 pounds.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
americanjebus said:
a damn s14 sr20det would put out same hp and have like a few hundred pounds less. asside for doing this for shits and giggles i dont see why?

at the same time though i have to give some kudos to the craftsmanship done, its realy realy clean and looks like he did a complete no corners cut job putting this in. it'd be a neat thing to drive thats for sure. 289ft/lbs of tourque in a car that weighs 2700 pounds.

No it won't.......my buddy has an SR20DET with an equal length t4 mani and turbo and greddy 3 row - he put out 200 even......my other friend who dynoed his MKIII put out 300 at the wheels on a stock MKIII with rebuilt CT, full 3" exhaust and an SAFC........

Last edited:

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
1. I miss my 240 :(

2. It'd take a pretty heavily modded SR to match the 7m-GTE... i beat my friend's SR-powered 240sx coupe in my auto turbo 87 supra...

SR20 is a bandwagon motor more or less. I have way more respect for people who turbo the stock motor (ka24e or ka24De in the 91+ models). The 2.4 litre turbo'd is a very fast car.

L

lanky189

Poatree said:
1. I miss my 240 :(

2. It'd take a pretty heavily modded SR to match the 7m-GTE... i beat my friend's SR-powered 240sx coupe in my auto turbo 87 supra...

SR20 is a bandwagon motor more or less. I have way more respect for people who turbo the stock motor (ka24e or ka24De in the 91+ models). The 2.4 litre turbo'd is a very fast car.

oh yah.... i got a buddy who is building a turbo'd ka currently... looking at making 30psi around 6k rpm i beleive... if it spins in the bottom end..its forged :)

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
My buddys got a blacktop SR and hes running 1 bar on the stock turbo and he can beat me pretty well...of course we haven't raced since I turned up the boost but that little bugger is quick. Its also completely stripped inside too. His mod list is full exhaust, Blitz intake, Blitz FMIC and a MBC.