94 viper + 929 ducati~

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
So I just recently got my turbo back from being rebuilt... and I was on my way up to mount vernon(1 hour drive) and came across a ducati 929 hauling ass.. Doing about 90-100 @ cruise.. So I gave pursuit, obviously.

We lined up @ about 90 MPH; but never three honked.. He just took off, so I gave chase and @ about 150 I had not only passed but pulled about 1 car on him.. Then the trouble ensued. We pulled over since he was pointing at my car and my oil cooler lines had apparently fell down, and were hitting the road.. causing massive oil leakage and was shooting sparks.. I talked to him for a couple minutes and he said he was about 1/2 throttle the whole time. I talked with a couple bike guys and they say that seemed about right, but I still don't know why he let me pull on him. So I fixed the oil line issues via tape, dumped oil into the sum' bitch and drove to the bar. I then had to get more oil, thanks to a friend who drove me nearly 30 minutes away to get the right kind of oil, and preceded to relocate the oil cooler from it's location, and moved it straight onto the soft lines which connected to the hard lines. Took about 2 hours and 3 extra quarts of oil; but I finally got it fixed enough to drive home.

The second race was coming home from Federal way(45 minute drive) from helping Tom*(91Tbreezin) work on his car. I saw a viper up in front of me so I gave pursuit like I always do when I see fast cars. I didn't get a three honk vs this fucker either since he just liked to go to an open lane and take off.. So when I saw him break for a open lane I went to the other open lane; I was about 2 cars back when he took off, and he got a jump on me seeing as how he saw an open lane first, but I started pulling him in hard @ about 120 and by 140 I passed him.. @ 150 I was a car ahead and was coming up on traffic HARD so I slowed down. I gave him a thumb's up and he just shook his head in dismay; waved, and got off at the next exit...

I'm pretty fucking proud of my car now.. I knew it was fast but i'm shocked..

Here's the mod's list::

Fully built motor via MDC
Ferrea valve train
1MM OS valves
alum driveshaft
17" 315' series tires in the rear
6 puck unsprung ceramic clutch
aluminum flywheel
550's (maxed out 100 % duty cycle running 11.6 AF/ratio's)
walbro 255
HKS ta51 turbo
SSAC mani
40 MM wastegate
AVC-R
SAFC
PLX-300 wideband
VPC
4" intake
rear of car is gutted, rear seat delete, battery relocated to trunk
TRD racing seats
Ron Ramirez FFIM w/ q45 3.5" TB
4" IC w/ 3" IC piping
3" exhaust w/ no cat
PS resovoir relocated
electric fans(only one of which works)
stock radiator

I was running 18.5 psi approx. or 1.3 bar on pump gas.

I'd estimate my RWHP to be about 500-550 now.. But I won't have enough money to dyno for the next month or so.

I need to pick up some Dr's once my 315's are done... The car is squirraly until about 70 MPH... I almost lost it tonight getting on the freeway in 3rd gear.. Rear end kicked out as I was passing some fag cobra guy and nearly wrecked it. Thank god for my JDM dorifto skills.

Thoughts; opinions; flames; praise all welcome... I'll post more kills when I come across something decent to race. I did see a lamarossa today but he was going the other way; and it was a one lane road anyways so no chance to race..

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good kill on the Viper. I figured they would run strong up to about 180, but I"ve never raced one. There's one here locally, but I've only seen it once. I usually quit racing by 120. If I haven't caught them or beat them by then, I just give up. So far I haven't had to give up.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
good kills! Someone round the area has to put a supra beat-down on once in a while since most of our cars have down time. Oh and the 929 is more of a track bike, great in corners but hes no faster than a regular liter bike. Hes good for about 9s. On the freeway i can bet you he was way more than half throttle considering you have boost, he has a vtwin that drops off at around 120. Those bikes are pretty much race-ready but certainly no faster than a late 9. I think he was messin with ya. He was at least 3/4 throttle.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
well my friend says a 929 isnt a ducati but i do know its a honda. You sure it wasnt something else? Either way 929 can be a really good track bike.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
tturnpaw said:
well my friend says a 929 isnt a ducati but i do know its a honda. You sure it wasnt something else? Either way 929 can be a really good track bike.

All i heard him say was ducati and sounded like 929.. it was 900 something.. WHo knows... He was pretty interested in the car though because he said he had a 650 HP cobra that ran 11's @ the track and he said it would be a decent race between us... But I dont' think so.. I'm only max 550 with the injectors... they are @ 100% duty cycle and i'm sitting 11.4-11.8.. so i need the a1000; -8 line, fittings... i have the 750's but they aren't in yet.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
hurry up and throw those in before you lean out! Well ducatis period are fast, any 900+ series is still in the 9s in the 1/4. So, uh when am i gunna see your car?

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
I'm out and about a lot... Today I was cruising to Bellevue for a drug test and what do I see...? I fucking 07 diablo... LOL. The old man wouldn't even give it a go... I'm sure he would have wiped me out.. but I wanted to see how badly I'd lose. Maybe 2-3 cars by 150 or so.

There was a lot of traffic also.. I'm having pretty good luck with exotic/semi-exotic car's recently... A marcialago, a ferrari, and a diablo all in the same day.. Too bad none of them wanted any... Maybe they thought my car looked to ricer.. like a honda fan boy or something. I should get a license plate that says, "I own U"... lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice kills Kyle :D

The viper..what year was it? A new one? If so, they run 11.7 stock ;) but you are not even at full boost yet either :biglaugh:

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
kwnate said:
Nice kills kyle, now kill Duane :evil2:

upgradedsupra said:
Not gonna happen

That is all :biglaugh:

Can you feel the love in this room.....................:biglaugh:

You guys are hilarious.............:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
ducati made 916's and 999's are the latest...... i have a big poster of one in my room... mmmmm. i remember seeing your car at the meet, purely business. just how i like it!