9 Second Supra vs 9 Sec. Sti

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
i wonder what would happen from a roll ;) on the highway,in real life ;)
i'm loving that subaru though, it looks mean as hell with those slicks:evil2:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Imprezademics said:
LMAO! Ive never heard the nickname Catfish for an Mk4. Makes sense though!

That name was used in the article from Sport Compact Car issue when I was featured :D

The title said "Not all Supra Turbos looks like Catfish" :biglaugh:

p555944_1.jpg

Imprezademics said:
Duane... you own CarbonFibreFX.com right? If so do you plan on ever doing stuff for 2000 and up Subaru Imprezas. Bit OT but its my thread. lol!

Willie

Yes I am but not making anything right now since a worldwide shortage in CF has left me to do nothing. (I do CNC as well.)

Duane

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
The MKIV driver should be ashamed of himself.

As for the catfish comments, yea, there's a vague family resemblance there:

mkivorcatfish.jpg

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
Duane...Yeah i saw that article on your car. I guess i never got what they meant by the catfish comment. lol!

Catback... from a roll the supra will definately win! Atleast i hope so.

Swaq... Highly modified subies do that a lot. If you ever watch WRC you will notice that the Subaru World Rally Team (SWRT) car does that a lot. Acutally i believe they all make that sound.

Willie

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
in wrc don't they they backfire for a reason? to keep the boost up or something? I don't recall exactly what it was tho....

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
I'm not one to hate on 4WDs, but if it was the stickiest of the icky... 5000-7000++ HP Drag Cars would be 4WD :naughty:

Plus that guy coudln't launch for shit... 4WD dont mean better launch when the 4WD has cold tyres... a problem they suffer...

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
fotosoup said:
in wrc don't they they backfire for a reason? to keep the boost up or something? I don't recall exactly what it was tho....

The reason it does that in WRC is because left foot breaking is what keeps them around corners, but still holding full boost.... so like said anti-lag don't need to wait for spool when its already there... and Turbo's love pressure... so once you let go of the break it goes nuts.