'88 vs. Lotus Exige

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Well i was cruising home tonight and hoping to come across someone who wanted to play. I drove and drove and nothing. FInally on a very back road, the least place i would expect this car turned behind me riding my ass. At first based on the lights i thought it was a Pointiac Soltice (this happened during the dark). He kept moving over to look ahead and i just thought ot myself no way is this guy passing me. I waited for him. Finally he made his move at about a 45MPH roll. Stupid me puts it in 3rd gear thinking "eh, its a soltice, i can destroy him in third"....WRONG :aigo: . The thing was like a bat out of hell, he jumped by me like i was standing still by the time i got in gear he was about to pass me, it was then i realized this was no Soltice, but a Lotus :love: woops. Finally i get in gear and boost. He pulls a half car at first while building boost and gets in front of me by a bit while im still flooring it. I get into 4th and he makes no gain on me. By about 100 he had to quickly turn off and i had to quickly slam on the brakes.

Overall i wouldn't consider it a loss since he made no gain on me after the proper gear and boost kicked in, not to mention i was misinfomed by myself so didn't drop into second like i should've. All i know is i kept right up with that $60000, 2077lb, supercharged, track warrior.

btw, boost was around 12-13PSI...i think.

Cliff notes:

Raced what i thought was Soltice
Turned out to be Lotus
Wrong gear
he pulled
once boost hit and he upped a gear to match my 3rd gear speed he gained nothing

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
IwantMKIII said:
FInally on a very back road, the least place i would expect this car turned behind me riding my ass.~~~~He kept moving over to look ahead and i just thought ot myself no way is this guy passing me. I waited for him. Finally he made his move at about a 45MPH roll. Stupid me puts it in 3rd gear thinking "eh, its a soltice, i can destroy him in third"....WRONG .
well you're a fucking asshole, kinda glad you lost. If someone wants to pass you, let them. don't hit the gas once they start coming around just cuz they didn't feel like sitting behind you all night. If you pissed that they are riding your ass, then LET THEM FUCKING PASS!!! Don't try to STOP THEM from passing. Thats like bitching when the dog bites you then putting your hand back in his mouth. its fucking stupid.

Overall i wouldn't consider it a loss since-
blah blah you lost. just cuz your car *might* have beaten him under best of circumstances doesnt mean you didn't lose.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
flight doc89 said:
well you're a fucking asshole, kinda glad you lost. If someone wants to pass you, let them. don't hit the gas once they start coming around just cuz they didn't feel like sitting behind you all night. If you pissed that they are riding your ass, then LET THEM FUCKING PASS!!! Don't try to STOP THEM from passing. Thats like bitching when the dog bites you then putting your hand back in his mouth. its fucking stupid.

blah blah you lost. just cuz your car *might* have beaten him under best of circumstances doesnt mean you didn't lose.

your comments are not welcome in this thread. he asked for it. he knew he was turning off soon, he just as well could have waited for the turn BEHIND ME and NOT RIDING MY ASS, i was already doing over the speed limit. He probably saw the Supra tags and wanted to play. Not to mention its a double yellow line so NO PASSING. Not to mention it was a straight road and no cars were coming, if any were we would have know long way ahead. fuck off.

BTW, its not a real loss if its never a real race to begin with, if i started in the correct gear while he was right next to me i would have considered it a 'real' race.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
flight doc89 said:
well you're a fucking asshole,
Why all the hostility? Sometimes Supramania is no better than Supraforums. Their is no reason at all to be calling someone names like that because you think he is wrong in the way he handled a situation. I just don't get what people get out of calling other people names. I must not have that gene in my DNA.

IwantMKIII, if the roads had been straight like you said where you could see for a long ways off, they wouldn't have been double yellow lines. The guy probably did want to race, but if you kicked it and didn't pass him, then it's a loss. I don't make the rules, I just try to uphold them. Losing to a Lotus isn't anything to be ashamed of.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
flight doc89 said:

lol gtfo or calm down dude. iwantmkiii knew the car behind him wanted to race or he wouldn't have been riding his ass like he probably was. if it was an old guy in a Lincoln, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have handled the situation like that; he would've let him pass.:3d_frown:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
little girl? more name calling.............saweeet!

Nice edit, you still get your point across without looking like a twelve year old.........Thanks

Last edited:

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
IwantMKIII said:
Well i was cruising home tonight and hoping to come across someone who wanted to play. I drove and drove and nothing. FInally on a very back road, the least place i would expect this car turned behind me riding my ass. At first based on the lights i thought it was a Pointiac Soltice (this happened during the dark). He kept moving over to look ahead and i just thought ot myself no way is this guy passing me. I waited for him. Finally he made his move at about a 45MPH roll. Stupid me puts it in 3rd gear thinking "eh, its a soltice, i can destroy him in third"....WRONG :aigo: . The thing was like a bat out of hell, he jumped by me like i was standing still by the time i got in gear he was about to pass me, it was then i realized this was no Soltice, but a Lotus :love: woops. Finally i get in gear and boost. He pulls a half car at first while building boost and gets in front of me by a bit while im still flooring it. I get into 4th and he makes no gain on me. By about 100 he had to quickly turn off and i had to quickly slam on the brakes.

Overall i wouldn't consider it a loss since he made no gain on me after the proper gear and boost kicked in, not to mention i was misinfomed by myself so didn't drop into second like i should've. All i know is i kept right up with that $60000, 2077lb, supercharged, track warrior.

btw, boost was around 12-13PSI...i think.

Cliff notes:

Raced what i thought was Soltice
Turned out to be Lotus
Wrong gear
he pulled
once boost hit and he upped a gear to match my 3rd gear speed he gained nothing

sounds like a good race man. you've got my vote if you can start in too high of a gear and still pull on a freakin Lotus.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
suprahero said:
little girl? more name calling.............saweeet!

Nice edit, you still get your point across without looking like a twelve year old.........Thanks

edit. would that be considered a ninja edit?

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
wow starting shit with regulars lol..

Also, if I was trying to pass someone and they stomped on it to NOT let me pass, I would be furious. If he passed you even after you stomped on it.. you lost. Remember! "A win is a win, whether it is by an inch or a mile". -- dom.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
shoulda just swerved infront of the lotus so he couldnt pass.. :p hahah. jk.. lotus's are quick cars. if you kept up with it i consider that some kind of accomplishment.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
pimptrizkit said:
wow starting shit with regulars lol..

Also, if I was trying to pass someone and they stomped on it to NOT let me pass, I would be furious. If he passed you even after you stomped on it.. you lost. Remember! "A win is a win, whether it is by an inch or a mile". -- dom.

yea yea yea, i know. but the only reason i think of it that way cause i was greatly misinformed adn never really had a fair shot. Only reason i went to third is cause i thought it was a Pontiac....not a freakin lotus. By the time irealized how quick the damn thing was my mind had been so set on third gear i went straight for it around the point he was passing by my car. If i had been in second, it would have been a whole different story. i could tell when he shifted up one and thats when he stopped pulling at all, if we had been next to eachother we would've been neck and neck IMO. After he turned off i shoulda followed him....:cry: he was lookin for trouble, he probably woulda ran again...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
suprafanatic said:
shoulda just swerved infront of the lotus so he couldnt pass.. :p hahah. jk.. lotus's are quick cars. if you kept up with it i consider that some kind of accomplishment.

LOL, im not trying to get in an accident. Definately an accomplishment, good feeling but now i just feel the need for a 57GT trim :evil2: especially after the other race i had tonight. Got taken down by a '00ish BMW 3XX series by a good car and a half. Sad part is i think he was all motor. i was astonished

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
suprahero said:
IwantMKIII, if the roads had been straight like you said where you could see for a long ways off, they wouldn't have been double yellow lines. .

its not because its a technically residential area (even though its a 45MPH zone?) and the road came to a T about a half-3/4 mile up from where we were. The whole stretch is probably a good mile maybe more.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
ok i went off too harshly, but it pisses me off to no end when someone tries to block a pass like that. its a good way to have an accident. i'll go as far as to say GJ keeping up, but there is no good reason to block a pass like that.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IwantMKIII said:
yea yea yea, i know. but the only reason i think of it that way cause i was greatly misinformed adn never really had a fair shot. Only reason i went to third is cause i thought it was a Pontiac....not a freakin lotus. By the time irealized how quick the damn thing was my mind had been so set on third gear i went straight for it around the point he was passing by my car. If i had been in second, it would have been a whole different story. i could tell when he shifted up one and thats when he stopped pulling at all, if we had been next to eachother we would've been neck and neck IMO. After he turned off i shoulda followed him....:cry: he was lookin for trouble, he probably woulda ran again...

blah blah blah

you underestimated your opponent and lost

END
OF
STORY

NEVER underestimate, ALWAYS be in kill mode in a race. This is like the whole "I missed a shift" "it's too hot so the engine is pulling timing" "I'm not tuned for this gas" kind of excuses I hear all the time. You lose, don't make excuses, just learn and don't make the same mistake again...

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Poodles said:
blah blah blah

you underestimated your opponent and lost

END
OF
STORY

NEVER underestimate, ALWAYS be in kill mode in a race. This is like the whole "I missed a shift" "it's too hot so the engine is pulling timing" "I'm not tuned for this gas" kind of excuses I hear all the time. You lose, don't make excuses, just learn and don't make the same mistake again...

i think most of us would have to make excuses when we're talkin about a Lotus.:biglaugh: