88 Turbo Needs a Diet

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
For some reason my car didn't come with that tar sound insulation stuff. Checked under the carpet and it's white, same as the body. Cabin noise really isn't bad IMO. Did 85-90mph on the way from Florida to SC, my radio drowned the car out... I'm sure with no radio though it would be pretty loud, lol

snake eyes

Dec 21, 2005
katy, tx
www.myspace.com
eh, as said, remember where you remove the weight is about as imporant as how much you remove, thats why if im low on gas i leave the spare in the car if I go racing

for me, cost effictiveness/liveability i would do:

hood replaced with carbon fiber/fiberglass
light wheels
crusie control, egr, etx all the crap you dont need underhood (it does add up, but being in tx i gotta save the a/c)
race seats
rear seat delete (so its gets my FC look lol)

thats about the best you can go before going nuts about it, well you can always swap a 1j in, its smaller so its lighter right? ;) lol

<l><l>

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
tekdeus said:
Keep in mind that removing 100 lbs of weight is like gaining only 6 horsepower (from what I've heard). Personally I have removed the spare tire and swapped in lighter seats, but you're better off keeping the car's comforts and modding it for more HP for a more enjoyable, well-rounded package IMHO!

Yeah, but reducing weight also improves braking, handling, and fuel mileage. Of course, it depends on what you want out of your car.