7mge rebuilt but plug 1 & 6 are foul

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Had my 86.5 NA engine rebuilt with a BHG. Had it .50mm bored over, ported intake, ARP head bolts, valve job. New pistons and rings, rod and main bearing, thrust washers, layshaft bearing.

Now the problem is lost oil pressure and plug 1 and 6 were fouled.

Machine shop that machined and rebuilt engine can not find any problem. Would anyone else have any idea.

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
A couple stupid questions... Have you done a compression test? Were the valve stem seals replaced? Are you using head studs or bolts and at what torque? Also, is the oil wet? Or are the plugs just turning black?

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
CRE said:
A couple stupid questions... Have you done a compression test? Were the valve stem seals replaced? Are you using head studs or bolts and at what torque? Also, is the oil wet? Or are the plugs just turning black?

From my mechanic it was compression tested. I do know ARP head bolts.
I can get more info from my mechanic. Sorry for not have more info, I'm just a dumb I.T. person who loves supras. But I am glad for your questions, it allows me to ask them as well. Thanks.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
What type of head gasket was used (OEM or Metal and what brand/model)? Were the head and block machined/cut?

There are more experience people here, but I figure I'll help get the basics out of the way.