7m-gte engine wiring harness

ma7089

May 25, 2007
santa barbara, CA
i got an engine wiring harness for my car and was wondering if you had to pull the dash out to plug in the ECU side connectors. or lemme know how you guys did yours.
thanks

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
ma7089 said:
i got an engine wiring harness for my car and was wondering if you had to pull the dash out to plug in the ECU side connectors. or lemme know how you guys did yours.
thanks

Why would you need to pull the dash if you are installing the wire harness from the engine?(Unless i am misunderstanding your question) Run it though the firewall.

Unscrew the glove back and the back plastic cover then unscew the ecu thats it really. Plug up and screw everything back up.

ma7089

May 25, 2007
santa barbara, CA
i took the glove box out but couldn't see the wiring harness.. i dont know what i need to take off in order to unplug the wiring harness from the ECU's side

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
ma7089 said:
i was wondering if you had to pull the dash out to plug in the ECU side connectors.
ma7089 said:
i took the glove box out but couldn't see the wiring harness.. i dont know what i need to take off in order to unplug the wiring harness from the ECU's side

Are you trying to take out an old harness, and install a new one? Whatever the case is, get to the ECU. It should be simple from there.
The dash doesn't need to come out.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
there is black covering that hide the ecu and you need to remove it ...... if you cant figure that out you might not want to work on cars.

ma7089

May 25, 2007
santa barbara, CA
its quite obvious, i got a new wiring harness and i want to take out my old one and put the new one in.. i just dont know what to take out to get to the ECU side of the wiring harness

and bounty i dont know which black covering your talking about...

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Ok when you remove the glove box, directly above it is a black cover (very thin), the Ecu lies behind that , once that is removed all will be exposed and if you still can't see the ecu, there is a problem.

Peace..........

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
ma7089 said:
i took the glove box out but couldn't see the wiring harness.

So what did you see behind the glove box?? There are only a couple things behind it. The thin black piece, and the ECU. Maybe the Anti-slip computer too.