7M-GE forward facing intake

88MK3.

Hi i have an 88 MKIII N/A and i was wantin to put a forward facing intake manafold on my &M-GE, will the manafold in the link be a plug and play for all the sensors from the stock manafold or will there need to be custom work done? use to workin on old chevy V8s and dont no much bout my supra yet...

heres the link to the type of manafold http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/108209333/toyota_supra_7m_gte_7m_ge_intake.jpg

88MK3.

i get the point of the whole of the whole thread from both sides, and i am planing to turbo it soon i just wanted to set up the intercooler and intake befor hand, and in all reality you do gain 1hp for ever 10 degrees you drop the air intake under anbiant thats 1 reason u inter cool a turbo engine, the other reson is to reduce detanation whitch is cosed by the increased temp and pressure mabe by turbo by compressing a high valume of air fuel mix, but thats not the point of my post, i just want to no if i put on the new intake will i be able to put all the stock sensors on it and what not and plug and play in that since

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
88MK3.;1854249 said:
i get the point of the whole of the whole thread from both sides, and i am planing to turbo it soon i just wanted to set up the intercooler and intake befor hand, and in all reality you do gain 1hp for ever 10 degrees you drop the air intake under anbiant, but thats not the point of my post, i just want to no if i put on the new intake will i be able to put all the stock sensors on it and what not and plug and play in that since

Re-read, specifically this part:

IJ;1079734 said:
Intercoolers are for Turbo motors where the discharge temp from the Turbo is XX degrees above ambient temp, a good one will drop that temp down to ambient +5>10c

Your "idea" is to take ambient air and run it through an IC making it ambient at the other end..... can you see the flaw with this logic?

88MK3.

ok beside wat yall are sayin bout the inter cooler can any one atuly answer my original question? cuz if all the sensors will go on without a prob i dont have to use a inter cooler i can jusr relocate my MAS to the other side to just clean up the engine bay some

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
88MK3.;1854256 said:
ok beside wat yall are sayin bout the inter cooler can any one atuly answer my original question? cuz if all the sensors will go on without a prob i dont have to use a inter cooler i can jusr relocate my MAS to the other side to just clean up the engine bay some

suprarx7nut;1854229 said:
Not plug and play in any sense of the word. You won't gain anything from that part with a non-turbo motor. It's intended for turbo motors using a cross flowing intercooler.

Last edited:

88MK3.

the inter cooler is not wat im talking bout im only talking bout the intake manafold, using it as a na manafold shouldnt be a prob im not looking to gain hp just clean up the engine bay as long at it dont requier any custome work. heres a pic of a 7m-ge with the manafold on it, it just looks like it would be alot cleaner then stock

IMG_0725.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Apparently I typed my first post in code. Sorry about that. Try this:

Noooooooo. It will NOT be plug and play. It WILLLLLLLL require LOOOOOTS of custom work. DO NOT BUY.

Step away from the bling parts and pick up an automotive basics textbook before you mod anything.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Front facing intake manifolds are inferior, and should never be used in this situation. They have their place, and this isn't it. And it looks worse, and clutters the area around the fuse box and alternator. So much so,that it doesn't fit witout an alternator drop down bracket.

Last edited:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Yes it'll work. No it won't be worth it.

It won't be cheap, but it will be nice and clean which seems to be more important than function (which in this case is to look nice, so it guess it does succeed in that manner).

salsautocfl

Jul 9, 2012
florida
If anything it will slow the air down even more do less hp anyway. Longer travel
And being sucked through an intercooler that was designed to have forced air pushed to the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nick M;1854317 said:
Front facing intake manifolds are inferior, and should never be used in this situation. They have their place, and this isn't it. And it looks worse, and clutters the area around the fuse box and alternator. So much so,that it doesn't fit witout an alternator drop down bracket.

FFIM are fine....with ITB's like they used on the NA Supra race cars.