300 rwhp?? :o

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
sure, a ddp has a separate exhaust pipe, if you will, for the wastegate. this vents the wastegate directly to the atmosphere instead of throwing it past the turbo and back into the exhaust.

they also make divorced downpipes that merge with the downpipe a little ways after the turbo. these give most of the advantages with less noise.

i guess it eliminates a lot of restriction, trying to route the exhaust gases around the turbo and straight out to the atmosphere rather than back into the downpipe.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Turbulence is the name of the game when it comes to the DDP.
Turbulence = backpressure, and backpressure robs horsepower.

By introducing the wastegate exhaust gases further down the DP, it's much better than trying to mix them in the elbow.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
cnewingham said:
you dont need 550's and the lex to get 300rwhp. You need to do as fotosoup said. I made 307.2 with a walbro fp, areomotive afpr, spearco ic w/hardpipes, safcII, bic ddp, greddy sp catback. on 13psi. What are your mods as of now and I will tell you where to start

even all that is more than you need. I made 311 with fuel cut(AFM was messed up).aeromotive FPR, safc, bic ddp, straight pipe are all the *big* things ive got, nothing eles really is a power adder. IMO the safc is the most important. A good tune will go a long way

BoostnLoose

Feb 13, 2006
Canada
id say do all the supporting mods like exhuast, intake, hardpipes, and if you have the cash get 550's, and a lex (they help a shit load)

ill be going to the dyno in 2 week once my motor is back in the car.

mods are
Full 3in mandrel back exhuast
ported turbo elbow
MBC
Full Mandrel hardpipes
Turboxs BOV
24in front mount
intake
550's
lexus
fresh headgasket
stage 2 clutch

kinda curious what the dyno sheet should run.

Last edited:

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
intake, exhaust, tuned to 15psi = 300rwhp

i'm running rich at 15psi stock ct with completely stock fuel system (just emanage) need to lean out those 440's, get that afr back into the 11's

Clip said:
sure, a ddp has a separate exhaust pipe, if you will, for the wastegate. this vents the wastegate directly to the atmosphere instead of throwing it past the turbo and back into the exhaust.
right, except it's the wastegate that bypasses the turbo, not the ddp. the ddp just separates the wastegate and turbine exhaust. and venting it to the atmosphere is the way to go, nothing like the sound of an external gate dumping