2nd Favorite Toyo: MR2- Amazing video

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
I bought an 1993 mr2 turbo in 1993, brand spanking new with 6miles. I loved that car. After I put 2000 miles on it, i got a VPC, full exhaust and HKS Sport turbo kit. I could easily beat my friend's 1989 supra with all the bolt ons. After he got the hks sport turbo for his supra, it was over for me.

Best I did at the track was 13.07 at 109mph.

It was pretty diffcult to work on only because you really have to lean over the fender to get to the turbo, other than that I was able to install everything in 12 hours. I started at 6pm and finshed when the sun came up :)

Oh, the oil feed line was a bitch to replace.

I also had trd springs, and hks evc II, and Racing Hart REV 3-piece wheels. My first set of trd springs, they sent me the rally springs. That was fun to drive... it raised the front 1.5 inches.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Was lookin for one, before i got the Supra but found that the turbo models keep their value really good.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
well, sorry to brag but my gf just got a hold of one. an 87 (mk1 style/boxy) with only 70k miles on it, not a spot of rust. just had one owner, never been abused and it got serviced at the dealership here on time, every time. best part is the price: 5k. manual transmission, but no supercharger. thatll give her somethin to work towards, and believe me, she's dying to get one.

i got to drive it, too. feels like it's wired to your brain, compared to driving the sup'

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
MKI's are awesome too. Probably the best handling car I've ever owned. I had an 88 Supercharged.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg