240sx

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
Whats up guys? This is my first post, but I have been reading these forums ever since I got my Supra two years ago. Anyways, my friend that owns a 240sx called me up tonight to hang out. He was going to race a 260hp SRT-4 but we couldnt find him. I was following him in my Supra. We decided to run a couple of times to see how we matched up. We raced three times. One was on the highway and then we went out to a long road out in the middle of no where to race. These are the results:

Our first race happened on the highway. I pulled up next to him going about 60-70mph and dropped it into third. He did the same and after three honks we both hammered it. We pulled dead even at first. I hit top of third and threw it into fourth. He had pulled me a little and the nose of my car was at his rear fender. We shut it down a little after that. It was really close.

He then asked if we could go from about a 30mph roll. I agreed and dropped it down into 2nd. Like last time, three honks and we both took off. This time the race wasnt so good for me. He had pulled about 2 cars on me by the time I was in high 3rd.

Third race was from a dig. I launched at 3000rpm and the back end slid out on me. I finally grabbed and shoved it into second. He had pulled about half a car on me. He was slowly gaining on me as I went into third gear. By the end of third he had pulled a car on me. After that we shut them off and called it a night.

I was pleased with the results as I did way better than I thought I would. Mods for both cars include:
Supra: 3 inch exhaust from the elbow back, fidanza flywheel, stage 2 ACT clutch, MBC @ ~11psi, no AC
240sx: RB26, gutted interior, 3 inch exhaust with a DDP, ~11psi, greddy manifold, Fidanza Flywheel, Racing Clutch, Megan Racing Intercooler, and lightly tuned at 272rwhp

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
First of all welcome to SM and get rid of the restricted elbow and put an intake and you wont be disappointed but he will be:evil2:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
240sx with an rb26 is pretty mean, either way mkiiis look better than any 240sx in my opinion so you won at heart hehe

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention I have an Intake, kinda slipped my mind when I was writing up the list. Once I get money, Ill sell my HKS downpipe and buy a DDP. Then I hope to get my car out to the track or to the dyno to see what I run. Ill try to find some pictures of my Supra and post them up. His 240 sounds mean and blew my ears out when he hit the rev limiter and popped off next to my car.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
have you heard a supra with a DDP before? You may want to listen to some sound clips first before you buy one, they are an aquired taste as far as sound goes, but they do make recirculated DDPs...

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
starscream5000 said:
have you heard a supra with a DDP before? You may want to listen to some sound clips first before you buy one, they are an aquired taste as far as sound goes, but they do make recirculated DDPs...

Ive heard one before from a clip on this forum but other than that no. Isnt it just a lot louder in full boost? I love the way the ar sounds now, but I need to change out the elbow. Ive heard that the DDP gives more power over just changing the elbow to a 3 inch, thats why I was going to get one.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
starscream5000 said:
The open wastegate sounds like ass IMO when in full boost. It's a big fuckin exhaust leak basically.

i like it myself :) says "yes im serious about my exhaust and i MIGHT have a t4 under there!" hehe

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
kHaNg said:
i love them both i just wish i kept both

i wouldnt mind having both myself :) i just think the 240 is an ugly car unless you throw some body kits on it Lol. and i would hate to use a nissan engine ive been aroudn toyotas all my life... so i would throw a 2jz in :biglaugh:

toofast4urass

Feb 27, 2007
San Jose
Supras are tighter i think. 2 of my friends own 240sx's s13's. one is a hatchback and 1 is a coupe. i've never really raced them, but when we go places let's just say i can lead the pack pretty easily.

toofast4urass

Feb 27, 2007
San Jose
Supras are tighter i think. 2 of my friends own 240sx's s13's. one is a hatchback and 1 is a coupe. i've never really raced them, but when we go places let's just say i can lead the pack pretty easily.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
starscream5000 said:
The open wastegate sounds like ass IMO when in full boost. It's a big fuckin exhaust leak basically.

i agree, i seriously i hate that noise. i'm stickin with recirculated DDP myself. cheaper and doesn't sound haggard.