20B FD

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
All the rotories Ive seen make big power only last about a couple of hard pulles then they blow up. If you ask me I would not buy a rotory. But hey we all have are own points of view.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
NA86.5 said:
All the rotories Ive seen make big power only last about a couple of hard pulles then they blow up. If you ask me I would not buy a rotory. But hey we all have are own points of view.
That's a pretty blanket statement.

I could say the same thing about 7Ms and BHG.

Sure, rotaries can be finicky creatures but there are alot people who do have success with them and make a lot of power.

I've driven a couple. an FC and FD. The FD was really nice.

If I ever sell my Supra and buy another fun car, I'd be in a black FD. Easy.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
OneJoeZee said:

Sure, rotaries can be finicky creatures but there are alot people who do have success with them and make a lot of power.

Why not white? You racist there boy. hardy har har....:biglaugh:

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
NA86.5 said:

this is usually due to stupidity. lot's of rotary owners try and tune like it's a piston driven motor, too lean.

as the rotary motto goes: better rich and retarded then lean and broke. :)

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
OneJoeZee said:

joe! you may be in luck. if you realy want an FD, another friend of mine is selling his. nicely moded to somewhere around 350hp-ish. black. $15k. :naughty:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
thesandymancan said:
joe! you may be in luck. if you realy want an FD, another friend of mine is selling his. nicely moded to somewhere around 350hp-ish. black. $15k. :naughty:

I said IF I sell my Supra! No way could I afford an FD in addition to at this point.

I wish though.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
NA86.5 said:

You've must have been watching only the ones that blow up. Rotaries are nearly indestructable, my brother drove his NA on a blown rotor for 15k, and I still see it roaming the streets, no rebuild or anything. Because rotaries do not have to hold as much tourque as a regualar piston engine they can hold very high horsepower numbers.

And the 20B is no joke, very expensive but totally worth it as this video shows.

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
uh...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

but, in seriousness, ive seen some really nicely tuned and built rotaries. and you are right saying it is all in the tuning. my friends buddy paid Steve Kahn (a rotary tuner from texas) to come out here and tune his on a haltech ems when it got built. thing is still running like a champ.

back on topic... NICE VID!

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Communism worked in theory, too.

Someone had to say it. :sarcasm:

Nice car though. I do have respect for the 20B and 26B. Sick shit, ultra fast. Very nicely done. Rotories are very difficult to make power and keep it from breaking.