2009 Nissan GTR site (no repost I hope)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Lets see here, 480bhp, automatic and all wheel drive. Sounds like BPU should be mid to low 11s. That works for me.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Whats with all the gay features like dvd, lcd and shit. Its supposed to be a sports car. They just make it so expensive that way. Its supposed to be a sports car. Not a comfy ass rich mans toy. It should be manual and shouldn't focus around extra features. I guess the sports car is dead. Now its all about the luxury/sports car. Sports car shouldn't coushon your ass.

Oh and guys:
" Fully automatic shifting or full sequential manual control via gearshift or steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters."

It comes in manual

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
TurboWarrior said:
Whats with all the gay features like dvd, lcd and shit. Its supposed to be a sports car. They just make it so expensive that way. Its supposed to be a sports car. Not a comfy ass rich mans toy. It should be manual and shouldn't focus around extra features. I guess the sports car is dead. Now its all about the luxury/sports car. Sports car shouldn't coushon your ass.

Its in the Supra class now, Its a GT/luxury car.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Those features go above and beyond that.

Bluetooth® Hands-free phone system with voice recognition.
Heated front seats.
HDD Music Box system, including hard drive with 9.4 GB for audio storage.
• MP3, WMA and DVD audio capable. In-dash Compact Flash card reader.
• HDD-based GPS navigation with touch screen.
• Driver-configurable performance monitor, developed with Sony® Polyphony, with graphical readouts of vehicle data and driving data displayed on a total of 11 screens.
• 7-inch WVGA high-resolution color-LCD display for audio, navigation and performance monitor.

Its more like what JAV said

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
TurboWarrior said:
Those features go above and beyond that.

Bluetooth® Hands-free phone system with voice recognition.
Heated front seats.
HDD Music Box system, including hard drive with 9.4 GB for audio storage.
• MP3, WMA and DVD audio capable. In-dash Compact Flash card reader.
• HDD-based GPS navigation with touch screen.
• Driver-configurable performance monitor, developed with Sony® Polyphony, with graphical readouts of vehicle data and driving data displayed on a total of 11 screens.
• 7-inch WVGA high-resolution color-LCD display for audio, navigation and performance monitor.

Its more like what JAV said

It's 2007. Are you really surprised all these features are included?

If I was paying that much money, I'd want that stuff too.

It's not a bare bones sports car. GT-R. Emphasis on GT.

If you want a bare bones sports car, you can buy an Elise. Or an Ariel Atom.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Thats what i mean. You are paying all this money because of those features. I know times change but previous skylines didn't appeal to that crowd. But anyways /end rant thats not a skyline. Its a fast luxury car.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Is that not part of what defines a GT car? Sporty with luxury and creature comforts. ..psst..Supra..psst.. ;)

The R34 GT-R had an indash screen too...

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I did not know that about the screen in r34s...When I think skyline im thinking r32, 33. r32s are pretty basic. I even think they overdid it in the mkiii lol. Id prefer no power seats, etc.

Maybe i do drive the wrong class of car. But when it comes to what i like...I like rare-ish cars. The only time i see another supra worth looking at is at meets.