1jz vs. 7m wiring

vtecmonster

Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
im new to the toyota world, so this maybe a stupid question to some of you .... but can the 7m engine harness be used with the 1jz motor? what are their differences, considering the 1jz is jdm rhd so using the 7m harness would eliminate the hassle of fitting the 1jz harness in the car. ... i searched the topic and i see that everyone that were doing 1jz's were drilling for the 1jz harness.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
wont work at all the car will have no idea what the cam is doing or the ignition, 1jz and 2jz wiring harness's work with both 1jz and 2jz. 7m wiring harness works on 7m.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
totally differnt harness, if you tired to make it work it would be the same as you making a your own harness wire

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
lppro said:
can you get a usdm 2jz wiring harness to work on the 1jz in the mk3? or would it just be better to make the 1jz harness work?

yeah that would work but you would then need the mkiv gte maf sensor.

vtecmonster

Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
this is off the subject but, what components are interchangable between the 1jz and the 2jz, im having a hard time finding 1jz pistons or whatnot ... i do see alot of 2jz stuff come up on google.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Don't look on google, look here. The sticky in this section has the information you need. Internals are not interchangeable as a 2JZ is bigger.

Edit: I just saw you're fairly new. When you have a question about Supras, search on here first. The search button is top dead center of every page, just below the banner. Here is the thread I was talking about: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29117