1jz Triva!! Need help

zubergoober

Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I got my 1jz in my car and pretty much everything is connected, but i have a few stray connectors and vaccum lines that i can't find where they go. I was hoping you masters of the 1j could either discribe or take a pic of where they go and let me know.

In the first pic you can see the two connectors in my hand and then the vaccum lines are just to the right of my hand. In the second pic is a connector that comes off the harness close to the firewall.

Thanks!

P.s i've never posted pics on this site before so i just did em as an attachment, let me know if you have trouble seeing em

Attachments

• IMG_0689 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0689 (768x1024).jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0688 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0688 (1024x768).jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 51

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
zubergoober;1366200 said:
I got my 1jz in my car and pretty much everything is connected, but i have a few stray connectors and vaccum lines that i can't find where they go. I was hoping you masters of the 1j could either discribe or take a pic of where they go and let me know.

In the first pic you can see the two connectors in my hand and then the vaccum lines are just to the right of my hand. In the second pic is a connector that comes off the harness close to the firewall.

Thanks!

P.s i've never posted pics on this site before so i just did em as an attachment, let me know if you have trouble seeing em

First pic looks like a A/C plug and a Knock sensor plug. 2nd pic looks like a MAP sensor plug.

Kb865supra

May 2, 2009
Yakima, WA
Knock sensor was also the first thing that came to mind for the plug he's pointing to in the first picture.

As for the connector in the second pic, it could also be a vac/boost sensor for the boost gauge in the dash. A way to tell is by the color of the wires coming off of the connector. The map sensor's wires are going to be light blue w/black tracer, light green w/black tracer, and brown. The boost gauge wires are going to be white, orange, and brown.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
Kb865supra;1366262 said:
Knock sensor was also the first thing that came to mind for the plug he's pointing to in the first picture.

As for the connector in the second pic, it could also be a vac/boost sensor for the boost gauge in the dash. A way to tell is by the color of the wires coming off of the connector. The map sensor's wires are going to be light blue w/black tracer, light green w/black tracer, and brown. The boost gauge wires are going to be white, orange, and brown.

well mine are light blue w/black tracer, light green w/black tracer, and brown for map. 100% confirmed looking at it now. where is your map? that is a map sensor plug. The vac/boost sensor for the boost gauge in the dash has an off set nub on the bottom of the plug so one cant switch the two up. The real map has the nub centered on the bottom just like the one you posted. most 1jz if any dont have a presser sender, i think, something about digital gauges.

Kb865supra

May 2, 2009
Yakima, WA
staticpage;1366305 said:
well mine are light blue w/black tracer, light green w/black tracer, and brown for map. 100% confirmed looking at it now. where is your map? that is a map sensor plug. The vac/boost sensor for the boost gauge in the dash has an off set nub on the bottom of the plug so one cant switch the two up. The real map has the nub centered on the bottom just like the one you posted. most 1jz if any dont have a presser sender, i think, something about digital gauges.

Are you asking me where my map sensor is? Mine is at the end of the intake manifold. By pressure sender do you mean boost gauge sensor? My swap came from a supra that had the digital dash and it had a boost gauge sensor. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that all factory turbo supras came with a boost gauge.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
whats the part # on what you think is the map? because that plug you are holding in the pic is where my map is plugged in to.

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
^ +1 I agree, the plug is coming out of the wiring harness which is the MAP sensor (should be on the firewall I believe) the vacuum lines are probably coming off of the boost sensor or map sensor or both.

zubergoober

Jun 12, 2008
ohio
ok cool, i looked it up and you guys are right the second sensor is to the map sensor and i discovered who i bought the engine from jipped me and i don't have one, so i have to get that.

But i checked my air compressor and it is all plugged in. So i wondered if anyone had any more thoughts as to what the 2 plugs in the first picture are too. Anyone have any thoughts?