1JZ Stock Twin Removal

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kosh said:
Good news!!! THEY"RE BACK ON!!!! lmao, i don't really know if thats a good thing or not but we'll see i guess...haha anyways once i get her back running i'm going to start a build thread with pictures and everything i've done so far!

BTW I wish someone would have told me that if you remove the pins from the turbos then life becomes way easier to mount em back on the manifolds, and vice versa!!

Pins? You mean taking the studs out? Dude, I told you that!!

OneJoeZee said:
On that note, when putting them back on, it will help you to take the studs out of the rear turbo flange. With the studs in, getting the assembly mounted on the manifold flange can be a real bitch. The rear intake pipe will hit the firewall or whatever else is behind it before you can line up the holes. But with the studs out, you can get the holes lined up pretty easy. Then you have to be able to hold it there and thread 1 or 2 studs back in. This is where a friend really comes in handy. Doing it by yourself will make your arms tired real fast.

HTH

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
lol oops....haha i thought i remembered reading that somewhere. Oh well the studs came off and it was glorious lmao.

So anyway's SHE's DONE!!!! I finally got my first turbo powered test drive and it was amazing!!!! I honestly almost cried. I can't believe how fun it is....once those turbos spool and suck you back its like heaven!!! haha i can't wait to get on the highway and really open her up!!!

anyways stay posted cause i'm gunna start a build thread as soon as i can upload my pictures. Thanx for everyone's help it was actualy realy easy to put the turbos back on and i remember exactly where everything went.

Actualy i just have a couple questions. When i started the car and it just idles a lil bit of white smoke just comes out the exhaust. And then when i rev it up it goes away but as soon as i let off the throttle i bunch of white smoke blows out the back. what does this mean, i think i've read somewhere that its typical? Just to let you know i have a full open BIC exhaust, no cat or resonator.

thanks

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
well it was the very first run...lets not jump to conclusions here seeing as how i just spent the last week of my life in hell trying to remove my old turbos and put these ones on because of bad seals :S It better just be a lil hiccup....

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
when i changed the oil, i accidentaly overfilled it a lil. Could that be part of the reason? Maybe too much oil in the engine? I also spilled a lil oil all over the manifolds..lol...

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
viperkillertt said:
oil on the manifolds wont be causing oil burning in the exhaust.

I Realized that, i just thought that it was funny when i popped my hood and a bunch of white smoke came out cause of the oil on the manifolds. but seriously though. What is the effect of too much oil in the engine, I've been told that it can increase the pressure in the oil system? Maybe this is why its causing some leakage?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Depends on how much you over fill it, but it likely isn't causing any problems unless its overfilled by a couple quarts.

Extra oil isn't going to change your oil pressure. Oil pressure is made by the oil pump and the restriction of the entire oil system. Extra oil doesn't effect either of those.