1jz shipping

hawthorne

Jul 3, 2005
so i got my 1j today, and it is all smashed up what was going to be a great day is no longer that. have any of you ever had to deal with collecting from a shipping company? is it realy hard to do? they told me to finda out what was busted and get a total and make a claim i dont even know where to start to find pricing on the stuff, like plastic plugs are busted the trany is smashed the turbo has some nicks from being smashed even the oilfilter is messed up looks like a smashed beer can and the person i got it from was nice and sent me 2 computers for it and they are all messed and the list go's on and on any ideas? i want to tell them to buy me a new one and come pick this one up sorry for the rant i just needed to vent any help would be soooo welcome at this point thank you for your time :wtf:

chris

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My brother once tried to ship me some pretty shells, I can't remember what their called, but it's the ones people blow into like a horn. Anyways he mailed me some and marked fragile in very big letters EVERYWHERE on the box. When I got it, it looked like everyone at UPS had kicked it. Only two shellls survived. It really pissed me off then, so I can feel your pain abut a 1jz. Hope everything works out for the best...........lol

hawthorne

Jul 3, 2005
its just my luck its kinda like me and this motor are not ment to be the shells are called conch i think but it sounds like conk when you say it i dont know how to spell it the right way tho

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
suprahero said:
My brother once tried to ship me some pretty shells, I can't remember what their called, but it's the ones people blow into like a horn. Anyways he mailed me some and marked fragile in very big letters EVERYWHERE on the box. When I got it, it looked like everyone at UPS had kicked it. Only two shellls survived. It really pissed me off then, so I can feel your pain abut a 1jz. Hope everything works out for the best...........lol
Ones with the horn? FTP?

hawthorne

Jul 3, 2005
i will try to post some pics so you can see some of what happend on the way to me when i got there to pick it up i saw damage as soon as they showed it to me the people where verry nice but nice isnt going to make it go away but they could have been dicks and said well sux to be you take it and go

Flea420

Apr 30, 2006
Grover Beach, CA
That sucks. They should just refund you the entire cost I would say, of the motorset and shipping. Thats just BS.

My 1J had a crushed oilpan from shipping, also a nice sized hole in it. My first step, I contacted who I bought it from (Jhot), they simply refunded me the cost to repair it, they said it would get us both nowhere if they tried getting money from the shipping company over it.