1jz Sc3---- 10MPG! :(

lagged said:
first off, you should determine your actual MPG. the way you have figured it is pretty inaccurate.

you can fill up your tank all the way, IIRC the tank is 18 1/2 gallons.

set your trip meter to zero and run the car to the half way mark. so you can estimate that you have burned 9 and a quarter gallons of gas.

now you can make an approximation of your mileage.

now if youre mileage is completely out of whack the first thing to do would be to check codes and do a complete tune up.

aside from that, the JZ experts will have to chime in to help you further.

Yeah, definately do not trust the fuel gauge. It fluctuates :)

mattsmall said:
no need for a wide band just stop driving like a mad man and take its easy with the gas pedal.

nuff said thread close /

there is no way in hell your stock 370cc injectors are going to give you poor mpg its your driving.

Haha, I bag to differ, I am getting 12mpg without running any boost. I shift very carefully and after 2 months, i am still getting 12 mpg. I also do have a wideband and the car runs at like 12 AFR until warmup and then almost exactly 14.7 when warm. So yeah, i am also in this boat of being baffled. I was completely expecting 20s like everyone else talked aobut. Driving 360 miles on the freeway, i averaged less then 18 mpg. I do have the Blitz ecu, but this super sucks!

viperkillertt said:
Haha, I bag to differ, I am getting 12mpg without running any boost. I shift very carefully and after 2 months, i am still getting 12 mpg. I also do have a wideband and the car runs at like 12 AFR until warmup and then almost exactly 14.7 when warm. So yeah, i am also in this boat of being baffled. I was completely expecting 20s like everyone else talked aobut. Driving 360 miles on the freeway, i averaged less then 18 mpg. I do have the Blitz ecu, but this super sucks!

Big update and hopefully the SC3 can try. I am not sure if you have changed your plugs yet, but i would definately suggest. I just did last week and one of them were basicly broken. It had been bent and had a gap of less then .12. That was what was causing my 11-12mpg and basicly no performance. Good luck, i hope this helps.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
viperkillertt said:

Try the opposite. Don't shift early go on a little boost. I am averaging over 20mpg and I almost always shift around 3k. when I baby the car it gives less MPG. My conclusion is that the engine runs more effiecient in that range. Meaning that under 2k it consumes more fuel to get the car moving.....
I don't know but if someone can comment on my situation would be very enlightening.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
drewgo said:
Try the opposite. Don't shift early go on a little boost. I am averaging over 20mpg and I almost always shift around 3k. when I baby the car it gives less MPG. My conclusion is that the engine runs more effiecient in that range. Meaning that under 2k it consumes more fuel to get the car moving.....
I don't know but if someone can comment on my situation would be very enlightening.

I used to shift every 3500rpm with poor gas mileage. Then I tried keeping the rpm at 3k for the first 3 gears and the mileage improved quite a bit. I agreed with Drewgo 1J runs more efficient in that range and when you are ready to get more boost that's when i go nuts and shift the next gears to like 4-5k to wake up the twins. Bottom line, it's all up to you how you drive to get the best mileage you are looking for.