1jz S13! WTF!?

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
hello guys/ladies

name is Riley im located in

bro cal-i mean so cal and am currently getting all the pieces to put a nice little 1jz into my s13!

i have owned 6 240's 4 with sr's 1 rb and now this one which will be a nisyota:love:

anyways ill be making a build thread as soon as the parts are all together.

hope i wont receive to much hate here :)

site is great with all the info

pics of chassis will be up tomorrow!

car will be used for drifting/daily

thinking about doing the DM ct26 single on it after the twins die. any thoughts/input. shooting for 400ish a fun daily,as i hate lagg

thanks again
Riley.

heres a vid of me running a sponsor's car at a local event

im lead car in this video..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Nice! :)

No worries. There shall be no hate here.

If it's powered by a 'Yoder motor, you got my 5 stars.......:biglaugh:

If you're shooting for a reliable/long-lasting 400 REAR WHEEL hp, then you may want to reconsider your turbo setup.

A single upgraded CT will do the job easily, as I've been there many times, but unfortunately the typical upgraded CT is rated at 450-475 crank hp...
Which means running that average amount of power will shorten the turbos life quicker than hoped.

If you want to keep it simple, yet productive, I'd recommend another bolt-on turbo such as something from the LIPP BOSS series or a JT Turbo (Contact Jeff Tamulis aka jtamulis) as his turbos are becoming very well known, are built extremely well & are 100% bolt-on minus the oil line kit that you'll want.

Hope that helps.

Good luck! :)

Jeff

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
Boost Lee;1108162 said:
Nice! :)

No worries. There shall be no hate here.

If it's powered by a 'Yoder motor, you got my 5 stars.......:biglaugh:

If you're shooting for a reliable/long-lasting 400 REAR WHEEL hp, then you may want to reconsider your turbo setup.

A single upgraded CT will do the job easily, as I've been there many times, but unfortunately the typical upgraded CT is rated at 450-475 crank hp...
Which means running that average amount of power will shorten the turbos life quicker than hoped.

If you want to keep it simple, yet productive, I'd recommend another bolt-on turbo such as something from the LIPP BOSS series or a JT Turbo (Contact Jeff Tamulis aka jtamulis) as his turbos are becoming very well known, are built extremely well & are 100% bolt-on minus the oil line kit that you'll want.

Hope that helps.

Good luck! :)

Jeff

does either of these companies/people have sites?

P

Pain_Sama

Congrats on joining the forum you can learn alot lol and meet cool supra guys.
My old boss is doing stock 2jz-gte Aristo in a 1989 S13 the non pig nose version

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Excellent!!! glad to see more swaps. Heres a few photos of mine, in these few links, its a 7M in a 240 Z. I need to post some more current photos of the Z, I have quite a few, just need to download them.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280234

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283425

70mph tire cleaning, look closely at the tires.
http://www.arizonaperformance.com/parts_photos/Videos/tire_cleaning.wmv

http://www.arizonaperformance.com/parts_photos/Videos/another_70mph.wmv

Now that I have the new tires it hooks up much better, it was fun while it lasted

Last edited:

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
thank for all the input guys :)

myself and my buddies will be doing all the work..

just need to get a hold of a w58 or 154 is kinda a pain in the ass..

that z is nuts. freeway sliding is a whole other ball game!

props to you for running it!

thank again guys :)

-Riley

Viggs

Slow t67 1j
Jan 28, 2008
Buffalo
My car looked like this when It was done:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Yours should look like that too if you keep it clean. If you have any questions about it I will glady answer them.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
If your looking for a tranny.......Nevermind. That would have been too easy.

If your looking for a W58 or a R154, make sure to look through the FS adds in the classifieds section. They are there every now and then. Or, you can start a thread in the WTB section as well.

Good luck with your project. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me.

Dunckel

ma71tt

1jz came up!!!!
Sep 28, 2007
Anaheim
Awesome Drifting man:naughty:......I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and your Build Thread when its up, I have a friend that whats to do the same, except on a s14. Keep it up!!! -Adrian

hamgatan

Jul 26, 2008
Perth
z20soarer.org
1JZ S13 has been done a fair bit down here. Can I ask what motivated the decision? Just a choice to go FI over NA?

The biggest surprise we're finding down here when it comes to S13's is with a 1UZ believe it or not. With the all alloy block, transplanted into a S13, you end up having a car that weighs about 50kg lighter than a full loaded SR20DET 180SX, with 1.5x the power, twice the torque, and most importantly.. a true 50/50 F/R weight balance ratio.

Good luck with the W58/R154 hunt. Whilst they're easy as pie to find down this way I imagine they're as hard as hell to get a hold of there. You will need a custom bellhousing for it as no 1UZ came factory manual off memory. Dellow Automotive in Victoria (AU) manufacture these. If you do stay 1JZ, factory bellhousings may be difficult for you to find there and I believe Dellow also make a copy of the OEM JZ/R154 Bellhousing. That said they have been known to be hit and miss as well with their quality.. However I'm yet to see anyone in the world who has such a massive selection of custom bellhousings .

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
hamgatan;1109083 said:
1JZ S13 has been done a fair bit down here. Can I ask what motivated the decision? Just a choice to go FI over NA?

The biggest surprise we're finding down here when it comes to S13's is with a 1UZ believe it or not. With the all alloy block, transplanted into a S13, you end up having a car that weighs about 50kg lighter than a full loaded SR20DET 180SX, with 1.5x the power, twice the torque, and most importantly.. a true 50/50 F/R weight balance ratio.

Good luck with the W58/R154 hunt. Whilst they're easy as pie to find down this way I imagine they're as hard as hell to get a hold of there. You will need a custom bellhousing for it as no 1UZ came factory manual off memory. Dellow Automotive in Victoria (AU) manufacture these. If you do stay 1JZ, factory bellhousings may be difficult for you to find there and I believe Dellow also make a copy of the OEM JZ/R154 Bellhousing. That said they have been known to be hit and miss as well with their quality.. However I'm yet to see anyone in the world who has such a massive selection of custom bellhousings .

ahh i thought about the 1u but due to my minimal funds as it is. im not sure i could swing it in a timely manner. but V8 would be the next step :) the 1jz bellhousing over here are about $350USD its just hard to find a decent tranny.

thank again!

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I will be working on an adapter for a 1UZ to R154, and also T56 if your looking for a 6 speed. The first thru 3rd gear are very similar to R154, 4th and 5th are almost identical and 6th is like an extra bonus.

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
arz;1110119 said:
I will be working on an adapter for a 1UZ to R154, and also T56 if your looking for a 6 speed. The first thru 3rd gear are very similar to R154, 4th and 5th are almost identical and 6th is like an extra bonus.

siick any ideas on cost figures?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
1JZS13;1110290 said:
siick any ideas on cost figures?
No, I have been bitten by that before, but you can bet it will be better and cost way less than the competition. Those crazy expensive Australian ones are absurd. Also for the T56, I have some seriously cool ideas to handle crazy HP.