1JZ Problems

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
foreverpsycotic said:
Unfortunately I can't go to far outside of Norwalk right now due to some family problems, otherwise I would be up there already.
If the code 14 didn't go away with new caps or a new igniter, then it HAS to be the wiring between.

lol Mike you crack me up. Fortunately theres a few other things that could go wrong other than wiring, meaning he doesn't have to hack up the harness to just look. But I'm sorry to hear about your family issues. Seems everyones having some sort of issue today that is family related. Hope it works out for the best for ya.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The car is fixed! It was the ECU after all, despite the fact it ran another 1jz. There was a very small amount of corrosion from before the capacitors were replaced which had leaked out and damaged a trace in the board. The moral of the story is: if you think your ECU is fine, you haven't looked hard enough.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Awesome to hear bro. Looks like I might be going to e-town after all, we should set up a convoy to meet up with different states down the coast.