1jz powersteering pump

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
hey does ne one know what power steering pump replacement that can be used on a 1jz. i think i heard somewhere that the 2jz powersteering pump works. can annyone verify?

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
daneyan said:
hey does ne one know what power steering pump replacement that can be used on a 1jz. i think i heard somewhere that the 2jz powersteering pump works. can annyone verify?

Yes the 2j powersteering pump works. Is that your engine in the avitar. I am also doing a single swap. whats it making at the wheels? what psi ?

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
thanks for the info, is it ne 2j pump or does it have to be from the turbo 2j and what year would i ask for? Don't know what it's making at the wheels yet but i'm running just off the wg right now at 11psi. i just put in a greddy emanage ultimate this weekend and i had them put together a map just off of my mods. what clutch are u gonna be using in your car?

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
get a 2jz turbo, 93-98 uses the same pump.
I just ordered one off of prostreetonline.com, not bad price compared to what toyota wanted.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
They get $200 for them?!?

I have remanufactured 1jz p/s pumps for $120 with a $50 core charge. Send me your old one and you pay $120 plus $10 shipping. I actually take them to the remanufacturer myself which is why the price is so low, but the quality will be the same as theirs, and it comes with a 90 day warranty.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
bigaaron said:
They get $200 for them?!?

I have remanufactured 1jz p/s pumps for $120 with a $50 core charge. Send me your old one and you pay $120 plus $10 shipping. I actually take them to the remanufacturer myself which is why the price is so low, but the quality will be the same as theirs, and it comes with a 90 day warranty.

I put up a post a while back asking if anybody could help me out with a remanufactured one, but you must not have seen it. Oh well, at least it will be fixed soon.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
cbutler said:
I put up a post a while back asking if anybody could help me out with a remanufactured one, but you must not have seen it. Oh well, at least it will be fixed soon.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean it as a derogatory statement towards you.
Like you said, even $200 is not bad compared to OEM Toyota.