1jz a/c?

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
soapra said:
Take the Ps pump out and the throttle body, It will give you tons of room to work with

Why do all that work when it will come out w/o having to remove that stuff. Its just 4 bolts and it will drop out the bottom. It will save alot of time and trouble. this way will take about 20 min or less. then buy a smaller belt.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
1jzaddict said:
Why do all that work when it will come out w/o having to remove that stuff. Its just 4 bolts and it will drop out the bottom. It will save alot of time and trouble. this way will take about 20 min or less. then buy a smaller belt.

YEs it will comeout that way if your going to just remove it and trash it.
You will have to remove the power steering and all that to put the top plate and pipes back on since the power steering bracket will need a bit of grinding done to it to fit the 7m ac cover.
Its also easier to tighten the bolts of the piping from the top with other things moved out of the way.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
ok, i just did some grinding to my PS pump. very,very easy. Using the 7M top plate and AC lines is the absolute best way to do it IMO.

Now, I'm going to get some new o-rings, does anyone know what to lubricate them with before installing them? I'm not too familiar with AC.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Never though of removing the stud. lol...

Ill probably get mine going in the next couple weeks, now that summer is over :rofl:

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
where is everyone getting their refrigerant oil at? i'm keeping it R12 and my compressor has no oil in it, anyone know where I can get some oil???? I tried the parts stores but all the oil they sell is for 134a.

JCP

The Big Unit
Apr 6, 2006
Raleigh, NC
gotta have a liscense to buy that shiat... got mine charged... ac shop charged me 100 just for the coolant eeeeeeek.