Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Throttle cable maybe, I think I'm going to try that one myself.

I tried ordering that PS line a couple days ago and they cancelled my order because they didn't have any, same with Autozone the day previous. I ordered from rockauto.com this time, hopefully they have it.

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Yeah...I was really really looking to get the MkIV cable my JZA70 Cable is fraying...why do you think the MkIV cable works so well with some and not w/ others.

If someone has the MkIV cable and is working great...try and post up your routing...maybe that's the issue.

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
just use the 1j throttle cable its a lil long so just loop it and tuck it to the right of the intake mani...worked perfectly for me and saved me a 100bucks on another throttle cable..

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
i went custom for the ps line.. 50$

I have the 2jz throttle cable, i guess it doesn't bolt up to the stock bracket and you have to modify it? Mine was modified when i got it so tahts what im assuming..

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Great, thanks for the input guys...maybe we can get someone who installed the 2jz cable on thier own car (and fits great) and let us know how they did it.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Troyota said:
Great, thanks for the input guys...maybe we can get someone who installed the 2jz cable on thier own car (and fits great) and let us know how they did it.

you have to move the bracket on bolt hole back and u have to use a washer behind the braket and the bolt hole that you choose to use. I have been using the 2jzgte throttle cable on all the swaps that i have done and it has worked every time, I have no idea what the rest of the Supra world is doing wrong. I can take pictures tomorrow.

msdg137

Feb 15, 2006
Horseheads NY
I found the 2j p/s line for cheap at autozone. It was around the $40 range with a lifetime warrenty. I ghetto rigged the 7mge throttle cable to work using the cable off a sentra cut to length and crimmped together cost less than a buck and works fine.

92SupraMan

Supra in Debt
Nov 5, 2005
San Diego, Ca
Alright I played with the routing of my mk4 throttle cable and it seems to fit better now, bit I still would rather have a good condition jza70 cable. I think its only an issue because the mk4 is really just abour 1" too short, but I does work, its just tight. I was goign to make my own bracket for the throttle, but im gonna try the washer thing that Jose does with his cars and see how it goes.

cormschr

Nov 15, 2005
Rochester, NY
i just went through this. make a bracket that allows you to use both holes. it's not that hard.....i mean i did it and it works perfectly.

92SupraMan

Supra in Debt
Nov 5, 2005
San Diego, Ca
cormschr, can you post a pic of your bracket? I just tryed out Jose's one hole stock bracket thing and it looks like it would work fine, but im down for making a new bracket too.