1j swap times

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
my swap personally took 3 months, including the search for parts

the shop my car is currently at, took 1 day to 1JZ swap a 92 SC400 from pulling the 1UZ to the 1JZ in and driving

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
viperkillertt said:
Just got and buy a 92-96 camry throttle cable. Fits great!

does it matter if its a v6 camry or 4 cyl? and again what exactly needs to be done to shorten the 1j cable? im gonna buy a new throttle cable but i wanna be able to use something on it for now so i can at least take it for a test drive after i finish the swap

supraracer49 said:
I think I got a 94 camry throttle cable with cruise control. It fits great and no binding problems. smooth as butter throttle response! BTW my swap took a week from the day jarco delivered my clip to the day I started it up. Just be sure to soilder and heat shrink all the wires. I did and haven't had one check light or any problems at all. Take ur time man and u will have less problems its not a race

How did you get the cruise connected? I have been working on that problem. Any ideas?

#1StunnaVic said:
does it matter if its a v6 camry or 4 cyl? and again what exactly needs to be done to shorten the 1j cable? im gonna buy a new throttle cable but i wanna be able to use something on it for now so i can at least take it for a test drive after i finish the swap

You dont need a new one. Mine was 10 bucks in a yard. no difference. Also, i think i got a v6 one. I belive they are the same. The v6 one looked nicer, but i am certain the 4 cyl are right.