1G GTEU(good or bad)????

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I like the sound of a Subaru...but I'd much rather have an Evo. The only reason why I'd get a WRX is because they are more affordable.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
As a current 1G owner I've been pretty happy with mine. Not a whole lot of low end power but once I get into the top of 2nd gear and 3rd gear it'll start flying. But I'd rather have a 1JZ or a 2JZ personally.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Oh man, I just reread that and I can totally see why'd you think I'm an idiot right now.

It was actually more of a question then a statement and it should have been phrased as follows: Did the designers opt for a smaller turbo to avoid the lag associated with a larger turbo, on such a small displacement engine like the those found in the evo? And is that why they had to run so much more boost?

I don't hate evo's at all really. My only problems with them for the most part are the drivers around my area. Though I gotta say I'd feel kind of bad owning one since there isn't really a place around here where I could rally it. I'd kind of feel like I was taking it out of it's element, and maybe mistreating it in some weird way... Although I am a little more partial to it's rally breed counterpart...Subie all the way! MMMmmm you what would be sweet one of those subaru 22b in japan...coupe ftw.