10psi with no mods?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
My guess is that once he turns the boost up to 10 lbs, the pipe from the turbo the IC will crack. It happened to me. My car was 100% stock except for a hole in the wastegate hose (hit fuel cut now and again...took me a while to diagnose it). Let me tell you, doubling the stock boost makes A HUGE difference. Even with everything else stock.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
well, that hose fails from HEAT, not from boost...

same with the accordian hose, and damn near anything on that side of the engine.

He mentioned the headbolts have been retorqued so he should be fine with upping the boost as well.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
The Random Technology (RT) downpipe is very good quality. My [future] brother in law has one on his Supra. It sounds like it bolts up to the turbo elbow, so you should consider a high flow elbow too (at least eventually). My downpipe (Cooleeze) included that section so that it replaced both the elbow as well.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
87witmoreboost said:
I am definitely interested in a better-flowing downpipe. I assume I should buy a good one without the bottle-neck, but I want to be sure it will still mount up to my stock exhaust properly. This looks like a good one, but eliminates a cat, so i'm not sure how it would mount without some flange-welding (http://www.suprasport.com/RT-Downpipe_p_43-27.html).

SupraSport.com said:
RT 3" downpipes are available in Stainless Steel only. They feature a no-bottleneck flex-joint to allow engine movement without stressing the turbo flange. The Sport DP eliminates the first cat, but the Race DP model eliminates both cats! Each model mates to the existing exh-system without hassle. 25HP gains have been observed vs the stock DP. This product is designed to not hang too-low, it will have less scraping hazard compared to the HKS DP. The pipe bolts on to your stock or LIPP 3in High Flow Elbow.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
If you don't want to do a complete exhaust change the first and best way to go is to get rid of the stock elbow and replace it with the one from SupraSport. It will still look just like the stock set up, not that hard to change, most of the time, and will give you the most bang for your buck.
The stock exhaust will bolt right to it is direct fit to the Ct26. You can add a new exhaust system as you want and they will also fit the new elbow.
Greg/Lipp