$10,000 for this Supra! outta his mind.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Don't candy coat it Nick...seriously, tell us what you really think. LOL ;)

Either one of these cars would have to have extensive mods done to even come close to those prices. I can see asking $10K for a car with a motor pushing 500 HP (built right), but no way for a basically stock Supra!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
89Turbo said:
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/314606991.html

this car has been for sale for a while now(for obvious reasons) and i just cannot believe he thinks he is gunna get anywhere CLOSE to that. just had to vent on how stupid this is.

Nick, Pete, we've seen this car and its owner in person. It was at the small Portland meet we had last year. The remote windows thing made me investigate, because he demonstrated that.

It's not a bad looking car, just not worth $9500. Especially since I remember him saying it had like 250k miles.

Pics from the meet:
IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my car is in that first pic, sawblades, stock height, and my stupid AFT RACING sticker on the side, gross. that picture makes me more proud of how it looks now.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
89Turbo said:
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my car is in that first pic, sawblades, stock height, and my stupid AFT RACING sticker on the side, gross. that picture makes me more proud of how it looks now.

Heh, seeing your car at that meet really made me want an 89+. I thought it looked great. :)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I didnt recognize it, but now I remember it. I remembered the auto windows, but for some reason I placed them on Brian's car (Gargoyle, the brown one). In fact I had just discussed that with Dan here locally and mentioned how I had seen windows do that and wanted that on Lucy.

I was NA at the time and driving "Cowboy" and I remember thinking that his car was nice. Not 10k nice but still. I wont dog him for wanting some money out of his investment. Hell, I will be in the same boat here before too long.