1.5JZ guys....HAMS this means you too.

supramanmk3

Supra : PRICELESS
Jun 12, 2005
New Jersey
With an ill motor(1.5jz), I made 470 whp@ 20 psi w/a 81 a/r and 75 mm inducer (Precision Turbo 4067 H) last year. I hope I can break the 600 mark this year w/a built motor.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
I have 5spd R154, stock ECU and SAFCI, 624 cc's, ported and polished head, walbro 255 fp, aeromotive fpr, and a bunch of other stuff. My block does have low compression for some reason, so that could be it. I doubt those HKS cams are that much better than mine, but they might be.

Did you ever have your cams degreed?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee said:
Did you ever have your cams degreed?

I talked with a guy that degrees cams and told him what I had done to my car. He said even after he degreed them we would still end up adjusting them and that it would be pointless to do so. I"m pretty sure my problems lie within the low compression and timing. I"ve pulled so much fuel that it's messed up my timing, but for right now I'm o.k. with how it runs.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
The Reaper said:
what turbo do you guys recommend?

i am planning on going 1.5JZ here by the end of the year with a single turbo

i got a Greddy T4 1JZ Exhaust Manifold and Greddy type R wastegate

im gonna use a 3 inch IC and 3inch IC piping.

im looking for something that will net around 500whp on pump gas...what would you recommend?

im thinking a 67mm with a .70 A/R??

let me know what you are running and what power you see at what RPM if you dont mind.

thanks!
I can see a future thread now. "POS 1JZ head doesn't flow enough, going 2JZ finally!!!11"

Derek1224

2 Turbos, 1JZ, No Equal
Nov 25, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
When I'm ready to go Single I'll be getting a Standalone for the purpose of being able to control Fuel AND Timing since you can increase power and spool with how the timing is set. More timing will help spool up turbo's faster but once boost hits you need to start retarding it... IIRC, its 2* of timing retarded per 1psi of boost. I could be wrong so take that with a grain of salt. :icon_conf

My goals on my JZA are in the 600hp range on pump and I'm planning on a T04R (Garrett T67) or larger turbo. 2JZ guys have done 620's on that turbo on pump gas so with that turbo and cams I should be able to do those kinds of numbers or close to them.. on paper that is. They do have .5L more then me though.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Brewster said:
I can see a future thread now. "POS 1JZ head doesn't flow enough, going 2JZ finally!!!11"

hahaha nah as long as i can get around 600whp on pump and meth or even race gas i'll be happy. thats fast enough

the head will flow enough.....i did read a thread tho that a FULLY ported 1JZ head fell short by 20cfm to a FACTORY 2JZ head tho i'll find it and post it good read.

EDIT:: POW I FOUND IT

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=117160&postcount=1

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero said:
I was thinking about building a 2jz block and going to 1.5 as well. I haven't found one locally though.

Me too. Not a pressing task or anything, but I want to build up on over the next year or two & wait for something to break so I can have an excuse to drop it in....

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
The Reaper said:
well everyone was fighting over it so i decided to post it....DEAL WITH IT MAN haha

Reaper this was my response to you on SF

"Im just being a wiseass. im not saying Eric is lieing, but he didnt provide any proof of what he said, now everyone is spouting of thats the 2jz head stock outflows even a ported 1jz head. Im not saying flow requirements for a 2.5L should be as much as for a 3.0L but a FULLY ported head still not flowing as much as a stock 2jz head sounds far fetched. espeically with no evidence oher than saying he did the test. I mean did he fuck the head up when he ported it? or is he saying that Toyota gave the 2jz head that much more breathing capacity for the extra 500cc (although the bore size is the EXACT same) it doesnt add up..

if this were true then then a 1.5j would actually have a problem making more than 500hp on anything less that 30 lbs because the ports should be choking the motor if the head flows that bad. again it just doesnt make sense."

Im not trying to argue about this, but look at the logic behind the claim. if a GOOD port still flows 30cfm less than a stock 2jz head (30cfm is ALOT) then wouldnt a 1jz head on a 2jz block espeically with the 5mm smaller intake, restrict a 2jz bottom so much that it would not even be able to produce 400hp without a 70mm turbo? the bore size between the motors are the same. the differnce is HALF AN INCH STROKE something seriously doesnt add up.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i agree with what you are saying man completely!!!

but when i FIRST got my 1J i was thinking of going 1.5J and i PMed HAMS and he PM'd me back saying that his fully ported head with cams and everything didn't outflow the 2J head. this is from HIM and he said if he had to do it all over again he would save himself a SHITLOAD of money and go full 2J..... so thats why i decided against it but i feel it will work fine and i can go 1.5JZ and make a lot of power with the torque for around town driving for ALOT cheaper than a full 2JZ.

just my opinion....take it or leave it

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
75mm exducer.

GT4067 us a hybrid turbo, its called a GT40-67 because it has a 67mm inducer wheel from a T67, and a GT40 rear half.

If it's really a 75mm turbo, there is something horribly wrong with your motor, because it's making the power of a 67mm on a stock 1jz head lol.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
1.5 is a good middle ground. More torque for around town driving and the head should not be an issue for the 500-600 hp range. That is plenty fast on a street car. How much wheel spin do you need to pimp in an MKIII :rofl:

supramanmk3

Supra : PRICELESS
Jun 12, 2005
New Jersey
Ric said:
75mm exducer.

GT4067 us a hybrid turbo, its called a GT40-67 because it has a 67mm inducer wheel from a T67, and a GT40 rear half.

If it's really a 75mm turbo, there is something horribly wrong with your motor, because it's making the power of a 67mm on a stock 1jz head lol.

Hey Ric,
You may be right. I gotta check that turbo again.