XS Power Aeromotive FPR copy

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Just wanted to let you guys see how an XS Power FPR looks like. I have never seen the insides of an Aeromotive one so I don't know what it looks like. Maybe some of the other guys that have taken them apart can chime in.

It's suppose to be a kit for the 7M, but the fuel lines looks a bit short. I'll install it this weekend and see if they are the right length. Quality looks and feels as good as an Aeromotive. The only thing I see missing is a new crush washer for the fuel rail, otherwise, you can't beat the price. $102 shipped.

Here they are.... :icon_bigg

tub-FPR-PICT2752.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2737.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2751.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2739.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2744.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2746.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2747.JPG

tub-FPR-PICT2749.JPG

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Fittings seem to be ok quality. They may work just fine, just doesn't feel like high quality.

It's like holding a Autometer boost gauge in one hand and holding a HKS on the other. Hope that makes since.

Yes, lines are included. They just seem a bit short.

Justin727

T-virus infected
understood, Wouldnt mind hearing if anyone has used it without problems. I would use it on a cheapo build on something cheapo but not my 7m.

I'll keep my AM. But looks exactly the same outside as the AM just without the name on it. interesting

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
tubbie said:
Fittings seem to be ok quality. They may work just fine, just doesn't feel like high quality.

It's like holding a Autometer boost gauge in one hand and holding a HKS on the other. Hope that makes since.

Yes, lines are included. They just seem a bit short.

Im interested, keep us informed on the quality and how it holds up.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Some one should compare the AM and the XS FPR. Have them taken apart, and put them side by side compare each component one at a time.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'd be worried about the fittings and lines...

the regulator is a simple piece, but I think being cheap on fuel is a bit too costly if it fails...

if the regulator fails, the pressure drops and you go lean (as most people have bypassed the safety of the J-tube)

a knockoff BOV or WG is one thing, but fuel...

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
looks like good shit to me.. if it works out! why not.. manifolds, and all that other stuff seems to be holding up

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Got a few PMs asking to clean this up... Guys, Tubbie has gotten this unit to share his findings not debate whether or not knock offs are ethically correct... If you don't want to buy one, you dont HAVE to buy one... If there is a fundamental design flaw, then talk about it, but please, lets keep this discussion on topic and in line...

Thanks...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Poodles said:
the regulator is a simple piece, but I think being cheap on fuel is a bit too costly if it fails...
I had a cheap "greddy" FPR (99% sure it was an ebay knockoff) that would have a tendency to actually stick closed. My fuel pressure ran like 60psi all the time.

That's when I ditched it, and bought an HKS FPR instead.

I would be interested to see how this XS power turns out though. Build quality of the unit itself doesn't look that bad.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yeah, I could care less if it's a knock off, but I'm not sure if I would skimp on fuel...

Venom injectors anyone?

I'd like to see both side by side and see what the real quality is...

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Poodles said:
yeah, I could care less if it's a knock off, but I'm not sure if I would skimp on fuel...

Venom injectors anyone?

I'd like to see both side by side and see what the real quality is...

Though the venom injectors are stock ones resized, this is identical to the aeromotive unit (as far as its known thus far).

Im sure Aeromotive doesn't actually make there own parts from scratch, XS POWER prolly just bypassed the middleman (Aeromotive) by buying them directly from the supplier and sells them as there own.

Interested in a side by side comparison with pics.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I have a Paxton, and other than it being blue, it looks EXACTLY like the AM... *of course, its not blue anymore, lol*