MK4 knock sensor same as MK3?

Kruso

2J>7M
Jun 9, 2007
SugarLand
No they're not, physically the 7M and the 2J KS have completely different and the harness for them is not interchangeable.

Kruso

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
The jz knock sensor and the 7m knock sensor are interchangable. But you need to wire in the jz plug in order to use them. I just finished wiring them into my harness and everything. I will post you a picture to you can see it better.

Whasian

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Because the plug on the mk4 sensor is a tighter fit. I always broke my 7m sensors, but never broke the mk4 sensor. and I think the jz sensor wire is bigger.

Whasian

supramanocnsd

Mar 15, 2008
Oceanside Cali SD baby
^ hmm did not know that.. I have not spent much time on the mkiii I have always lowned MKIV TT's... I did a few na to TT swaps for buddies and did a head for a 7m but never new that .. thanks for the info bra

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
another note, I used usb wire for the sensor wire. I wired directly from the ecu to the knock sensor. It works really well.

Whasian

Last edited:

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
supramanocnsd;967873 said:
^^^ No way... lol did you do this right.. soder and shrink wrap... a usb wire.. lol thats cool man...
Yea, of course I did it right. I bought a new knock sensor repait kit from champion (I still have the part numbers if you want them) and soldered the repair kit to the wires inside the usb, then grounded the shielding. I heard awhile back that guys were doing this with co-axle cable (the stuff used for cable tv) But the actual wire used for transfer is smaller than the usb. I can take some pictures of the setup so that you can see what it looks like. The hardest part was soldering the shielding to a wire, but you can just crimp it if you don't want to go that far.

Whasian