Engine light when turning up boost????

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Nope it means the ECU is saving your motor from detonation how much boost are you running and do you have anything done to the fuel system?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i actually had a weird problem over the summer with that. when i was on the highway and boosting around 12-14psi my check engine light would come on after the run, and then shut off after i cruised for a bit. sometime i would even blow off a vacuum line. i wasnt hitting fuel cut. not sure what it was

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
sneakypete said:
i actually had a weird problem over the summer with that. when i was on the highway and boosting around 12-14psi my check engine light would come on after the run, and then shut off after i cruised for a bit. sometime i would even blow off a vacuum line. i wasnt hitting fuel cut. not sure what it was

Did you ever check the code? Because what you just described sounds like fuel cut...

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
2543arvin said:
Did you ever check the code? Because what you just described sounds like fuel cut...

no i didnt. i should have. i never experienced any fuel cut related symptoms. the car was still pulling pretty hard.

pearlwhite turbo

booost'nnnnnn
Oct 8, 2006
philadelphia
looks like i tore off a sensor that goes to the thermostat housing , i forget how old these cars are thanks for the help. By the way do i have to remove the dash to get to the ecu?