Yellow and White lines on new hoses?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Searched and came up with squat.... the yellow and white lines on each end of the hose... do they correspond with fluid flow direction or what? Talking about the 2 hoses to the power steering reservoir,turbo '88 Automatic here

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
they're toyota? if so i noticed similar lines painted on some of the air hoses that i bought, i think it just some way the factory marks them as quality control, then again mine only pass air through them and were preform so there wasn't a whole lot a thinking when it came to install, i'd say just put them on and clamp them down since i don't think there is anything in the PS system that would change direction of flow except having the pump hooked up wrong...

ross

bitsnake

May 10, 2005
Dresden, Germany
will (should) equal with some markings on the according pipes. for instance on the 3000pipe or turbo. you will see what i mean if you special look after this.

prevents from twisting the hoses on mounting, you´ll fit them the direction the factory planned. only thing i did´nt know already is the direction (white/yellow should indicate this also).

Don´t realy know if there a such tags on the ps lines but thats the way it was designed for the whole air pipes and so on.

John

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
They have the lines on the power steering hoses (the ones to the reservoir) as well... eh, I'll just put them on however they go, then, since we don't know :D