wrap or not to wrap ic piping

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey everybody.

I installed the 1jz intercooler from DriftMotion and man what a difference in terms of spool ease it made. The only question or issue, let say, is that the hydro fan is positioned so that it blows all that hot air right on the IC pipes on both sides. The intake side is very cool on the bottom of the car but the pipe that connects to the intake gets so hot . Is it worth wrapping it with exhaust wrap or some kind of heat rejection blanket? any input or opinion is appreciated.
also, is it worth wrapping the stock IC pipe that is positioned right above the twins so that it doesn't get additional heat from the exhaust?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There's no way it can hurt. I don't know how much it would help either though. If you're bored and have the stuff to do it with and make it look neat, then go for it.

I don't remember seeing too many cars with wrapped IC pipes though.

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
the only part where it would be beneficial to wrap the i/c pipe is where it is really hot and the heat can absorbed by the i/c pipe and therefore heat the air. anywhere else (like the cold pipe--from i/c to throttle body) is not necessary, it would be better to lose heat from there.